27th or 28th May hatch, looking for buddies

Quote:
lol.png
woot.gif
Conrgats but you really need t go t bed trust me. I sat up all night with my first hatch n boy it was a long, long, long night
lau.gif
I then fell asleep on the sofa and missed my first chick hatch. Just remember it can take up to24hrs from pip to hatch
hugs.gif

I love seeing everyone else's fuzzy butts!!
big_smile.png

My own little one settled down in the lonely bator for the night. No pips from the other two eggs yet, but I'm not worried yet.

I finally broke down and candled the eggs in the LG, probably I wanted to make sure they were still alive after this afternoon. One of the white Leghorn eggs was an early quitter, probably around day 3-4 I'd guess. The BCMs were either too dark to tell, or I could just barely see a "blob" in there but that's good enough to know that they are developing on schedule. For the ones I can't tell I just assume it's good. Had a temp spike today up to about 102ish because the ambient temperature in the room went up considerably because the weather has turned hot again, but remember I run the LG around 101 anyways so I wasn't TOO worried. I got it down to it's proper place pretty quickly so I doubt any harm was done. This older version of the LG seems to be easier to adjust because either the thermostat or controller knob is not as uber-sensitive. It's easier to get a degree or so adjustment without going overboard in either direction.

I woke up around 2 am to check on the fuzzy butts. I had 3 hatch by then. I woke up gain around 6:30. There was 5
smile.png
AT this time there is still 5 but looks like 1 is zipping!!
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
That will be 6 with 2 left to go. Sure getting crowded in there.... Will try and take pics if I can get any decent ones...

Mine are due today! I'm so nervous. A batch of three random eggs as my classes summer project, sadly they won't see them hatch due to half term
sad.png

Hi all! Congratulations to everyone!
celebrate.gif

Just want you all to know that these chicks are kickin' my butt! I've had about 8 hours sleep during the last 48 hours. Have a couple that needed attention. One I am unsure whether it will make it. Have 10 chicks so far and another one pippin' I'm struggling with a faulty thermometer and thermostat. So far, I'm winning.

Take a look at this video of our first Golden Lakenvelder poppin out of its shell here.

My wife and I tag team the bator and tend to the newly hatched chickies.

Back
Top Bottom