$295??? They're kidding right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Since I've been doing so well on the med. that the rheumatologist gave me samples of (if you don't count the part about it making me goofy), she gave me a full prescription for it today.
We get to the pharmacy with the Rx 45 minutes before they closed and the pharmacist said she was swamped and couldn't fill it today. She said she would fill it first thing in the morning and offered to give me six capsules to last until tomorrow night. I agreed, so she handed me the original bottle the med. comes in; with the pharmacy's price tag still attached.
$294.95 for a month's supply!!!!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif

Thank goodness I have Rx drug insurance, but I really feel sorry for the folks that can't afford it. As it is, I'm sure my insurance company is going to hate me tomorrow.

***PLEASE don't turn this thread into an argument about politics and policies. I'm just venting at how ridiculous drug costs are***

I take one med that is around $600 for one month. Thank god I have good insurance. I feel sorry for those who have no insurance, especially the elderly.

Rx costs are outrageous. My parents have mcr and a drug plan but they still are high. My dad's one eye drops for glaucoma were close to $200 for a little tiny bottle and my mom's heart meds are unbelievably high. I feel sorry for those who have to choose meds over food each month. It's so sad. I'm trying to talk our local pharmacy into setting up a dummy account where we can donate money to those who cannot normally afford their meds. I wish more companies would put a person's health over the almighty dollar.
hmm.png

I take a med that's $355 a month and there's another they want to put me on that will be an additional $500. We have no insurance right now so I politely said no to it.

Mr. Saddi #2 spent $800 a month on insulin and other meds for his diabeties complications. Sadly he had a reaction while driving, and is no longer with us.

My moms husband has many rx's he has to take each day one is $24.00 a day thats $720 for 30 days!!! Talk about crazy!!

The next time you provider gives you a prescription for a med that is not covered by your insurance, or is still too expensive with insurance, ask them for an alternative, a generic, or samples from their office. Many doctor office's have many samples in the back. Don't hesitate to ask for it, that's why they're there. Your providers are so busy that they probably forget to ask or assume your insurance makes it affordable.

When I was taken chemo, I took pills to keep from getting sick.

THREE PILLS COST 700.00 had three pill after each treatments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom