3-4 week barred rock rescue chicks, gender guesses?

thank you ALL for your TONS of help!!!

i took my 2 roo cochins, 2 of the clearly roo barred rock and the little grey mean flighty cochin female (i think) to a local feed store (mom and pop type) she ONLY orders pullets on sets that can be sexed and bc of shipping (she uses crackle) she charges about 6.99 a chick but you are 90% getting a female and thats what I want. Anyhow, since she actually special orders Roos, and she is currently out, she cut me a deal and I got 6 new chicks at 3.99 each all pullets!!

2 speckled sussex, 2 barred rock, and 2 delaware YIPPEE!!!!

I took another barred rock roo (my nicest looking one) to a guy who works at TSC that initially sat with me and my husband for nearly an HOUR telling me all i needed to start this grand adventure! He said he would love one so I dropped it off as a surprise to him, he was thrilled.

so, all my known roos and one mean little brat are gone, and i feel happy. I kept the one barred rock that i thought was iffy, and if she is a he, i will rehome it too to the same feed store i got my new babies at! i am STOKED!!

now I feel a lot better!!!

(although honestly, i still wonder if one of my brand new BR chicks is a boy!)
th.gif

Can anyone help to tell this chick is girl or boy. I am new with this website and new chicks mommy too. Thank you very much in advance

I got two barrel rock about 12 days old....

Back
Top Bottom