3 Chickens Injured. Thought to be cat.

Lil_chickens

Chirping
May 14, 2022
69B6800C-0DF0-44B8-9487-DF028B581459.jpeg
69B6800C-0DF0-44B8-9487-DF028B581459.jpeg 69B6800C-0DF0-44B8-9487-DF028B581459.jpeg Help! I have this chicken who is hurt the most. We put Neosporin on it and gave her lots of water. She is five weeks old and I will try my hardest to save her. We don’t have a place to separate her and have a corgi and a chihuahua. She is a self blue Cochin. What should I do?

Is it with other birds?
Yes, 7 others. We don’t have any other place to keep her. It’s mainly under her wing and they don’t seem to be pecking at it. We are moving and just moved them over. But we may be able to get her back in the brooder if 100% needed.

I usually use bluekote to hide any red, and to treat the wound. You will need to watch for any pecking.

I usually use bluekote to hide any red, and to treat the wound. You will need to watch for any pecking.
We used Neosporin and some Vetrison (may not be spelling that right) but we also have another (the other in the picture) and she’s dragging her foot. We’ve been giving her water and gave her Neosporin and vetrison. Anything else we should do?

If you can separate her inside a dog crate with food and water and use a clean towel for bedding, I would continue the Vetericyn and plain Neosporin twice a day. Chlorhexidene 2% is even better than Vetericyn to help prevent infection on dirty bite wounds, and you can get it sometimes in pharmacies, feedstores, and on Amazon. Keep her close to food and water, and offer it often.

Back
Top Bottom