3 part staggered hatch, Wynette, Speckledhen, scbatz33 eggs new photos

Cyn,
It appears that both of Dusty's eggs are clear.
hit.gif
Is that surprising?

Well, yes, a little bit of a surprise, Kathy. She isn't even laying at the moment, but the last eggs I had of hers did develop, all except one anyway. The fertility in that pen is on and off, but I did expect they would develop. Smoky's eggs are the ones I've been relying on lately. Skye hasn't been laying in a long time (she's in the house with a life threatening crop condition now). Thank goodness those were just extras, but I wish Dusty's had developed.
sad.png

OK, we now are on lockdown ... or IBW (Intensive Bator Watch) with Wynette's eggs. YAY! ! ! The others are still doing well. I did, just now, take out Dusty's eggs.
sad.png
So, now, the long wait! These last days are just the longest ever! I have my Motrin ready for the backache! LOL I don't know if it is just old age or what, but my back just kills me when I keep hangin' out over the bator!

SO, on with the show!

Oh - BEST of luck and good hatching vibes coming your way, Kathy! I put my bator up onto a chest of drawers, at eye level. Then, I don't have to bend over the top of it! But, mine is a Brinsea with clear sides, so I can look through the sides rather than the top - not sure what you're hatching in.

Anyway, BEST of luck!!!

Terrific! I already take Aleve every day for joint pain but I don't think they had in mind obsessive bator-jockeys when they created the product!
lol.png

Well, darn on Dusty's eggs. She is in full molt now, so maybe that was the problem. Anyway, the fertility in that pen is sketchy lately and I'll be phasing out the BBS Orps when my beloved Suede is gone.

Right now I am hatching in a couple HovaBators with fans and turners. BUT, I just bought a (used) Sportsman, and I will pick it up on Nov. 10th! YAY!
I only wish I could see through the sides! Nope, I have to lean over the top! Ouch!

Darn, what's with this humidity issue? I aim for 65%, and am dipping into the 50s. I have a sponge in there. May need to add another one? I am adding water about every 3 hours. Seems too often. I will cover them with a blanket and see if that helps at all.

Back
Top Bottom