3 week old BCM, can you tell the sex?

PRchick

Songster
Sep 11, 2020
Houston, TX
Here is a picture of the chick in question. That comb seems pretty big for a 3-week old. What do y’all think?

Attachments

• 74F8D76C-2FB9-4CD3-BE0B-24BD2186BEF9.jpeg
    74F8D76C-2FB9-4CD3-BE0B-24BD2186BEF9.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 72
Don’t worry, it won’t be killed, it will have lots of hens to watch over. I’m just curious. Just thought that big of a comb being so young meant it could be a cockerel. And of course, will wait a few more weeks to see what it is.

Don't be fooled by the comb of the Marans? Mine I got this year, I suspected was a cockerel turned out to be a pullet.
Here she is about the same age.
20200423_142308.jpg
20200423_142329.jpg
She's now 8 months old, started laying at 7 months.

Don’t worry, it won’t be killed, it will have lots of hens to watch over. I’m just curious. Just thought that big of a comb being so young meant it could be a cockerel. And of course, will wait a few more weeks to see what it is.

Oh and try to keep the same hens looking after because some hens or rooster might kill it. So try to make the same hens looking after it. Oh and the reason I was asking not to kill it is because in hatcheries employee's just let the female chicks go and kill the males for no reason. Like I think they are crazy because without a rooster the sperm cant fertilize the egg so that other chicks can be born. This might lead to chickens being extinct.

I see... I see... I see a male chicken. But just because it's a male dont kill it like other people do. All chickens have a purpose in this world.
Oh by the way your chicken looks very beautiful. Don't recognize him as a pet recognize him as family.

Back
Top Bottom