3 week old chick won't feather?

thanks for the link but i dont think thats the case w/this little guy. by the way i have named him {pip squeek} he is sooo sweet
big_smile.png

A friend of mine had a chick sent to her from the hatchery (my pet chicken) that grew no feathers... She made a sweater out of a sock for him and let him get about as best he could. When the second set of feathers was supposed to grow in, he got them too and it was lucky... He turned into a fabulous & beautiful frizzle!

i hope he is just a late bloomer
smile.png
i was looking him over and i discovered that he also has an extra wing tip on both wings its small but there none the less i think that the two different deformities probably have alot to do with him not feathering right away. i will love him any way and if i need to make a sweater for him i will. Thanks for all of you'r thoughts.
big_smile.png

Could he just be a late bloomer? If you need chicken sweaters, I can see if I can work something out. I knit and crochet. The only "problem" I could really think of is whether to have holes for the wings or make it like a chicken straight jacket.

today when i was looking over pip squeek i noticed that he has 4 more feathers starting to grow on each wing so mabe he wont be naked after all. looks like its just gonna take a lot longer than all the others.that makes me happy for him.
yippiechickie.gif
thanks again, jen.

Back
Top Bottom