40 Minute Hamburger Buns or Rolls

Quote:
lau.gif
I usually get that from my DH, but thanks Betty - you have me blushing!
gig.gif

Quote:
Not at all...we had Brunswick Stew a couple nights ago! And this morning DH said, "I'd like to have Baked Spaghetti for supper". So, OK....will do! I already have everything chopped up and ready to go for later. We typically eat around 8:30pm during Summer. I guess that helps...it's cooler then. I'm making snap beans, fresh tomato and cucmber as sides.

TipsyDog - good to know freezing for a week works. Thanks!

Made these last night-made them small and then came out like slider rolls. they are fantastic and super easy to make !!! Kids couldn't wait to have them today to make mini-sandwiches!

37262_rolls.jpg

thanks again!
Kelly

OK - I made these using 1/2 stoneground WW flour and while they were really tasty they didn't rise much and came out small.
Maybe 1/3 WW flour next time?

LOVE the recipe!
It went together really fast for a yeast bread!

2dogs, if you want to use straight whole wheat flour, they will be very dense (and that may be the understatement of the year
big_smile.png
). I do almost all of my cooking avoiding white flour (for lots of reasons) and what I've found helpful is to use 1/3 barley flour and 2/3 whole wheat. Sometimes using more yeast helps too. You also have to watch the consistency of the dough like a hawk, 'cause it can go from too loose to too tight in about a tablespoon!

Back
Top Bottom