4th Annual BYC NYD Hatch-a-long

Quote: OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay not as bad as I thought, I did remove some, can't tell how many but it wasn't a lot. There was a lot of peeping going on, mostly from my d'Uccle eggs. A lot of the others have done the internal pip and I guess we will wait and see.
fl.gif

oh GOOD!!! YAY

Im not familiar with the brinsea models but I use a styro bator. When I didnt have a fan in it I had to add more water than the lower water wells allowed for to keep humidity up. I found that the bottoms of soda bottles once cleaned and disinfected worked wonders. I put 4 in the bottom and an extra 1 with marbles in it on top of the wire also. Maybe something similar would help if you dont have access to a wet cloth or sponge.

set. When I went out to set it up a mouse was taunting me on the fence, I just looked at him and said I have a treat for you
evil-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif
this morning he was frozen in the water. I assume the water froze and if it caught anyone else they were able to jump out. I am making two more today and setting one up in the layer coop...(they are digging nasty holes in there) and one in a d'Uccle pen. He is the You tube line, there is a couple different types I will be trying the one with the lid in my other coop.

You may try loading up the water with salt. It'll drop the freezing point dramatically and may keep your trap working longer.

OK ladies and gentlemen, we are working on a status update on all contests. Don't expect winners for most of the ones that require judges till next week, and some are not closed yet. There are 2 different places handling winners and judging ( not including contests so generously sponsored by individual members) so those will take longer. Cheers
chiqita

OK ladies and gentlemen, we are working on a status update on all contests. Don't expect winners for most of the ones that require judges till next week, and some are not closed yet. There are 2 different places handling winners and judging ( not including contests so generously sponsored by individual members) so those will take longer. Cheers
chiqita
thumbsup.gif
yesss.gif
Thanks!

Mine does too. This is her first snow and boy does she love it. We were having a snow ball fight. Your baby doesn't look much older than my girl. Zoe is about 9 months old.
My 8 month old is having a grand time in the snow! After watching him suffer through the heat this summer with all that hair, I'm glad to see him happy!

I have an egg cracking today! So excited! Anyone else seeing signs of their chicks hatching?
Yes! I have a whole choir going in there an DH is cheeping encouragement
big_smile.png

I spent the afternoon working on my brooder! Still have work to do, but I repaired the tongue/groove parts, replaced the bottom and added a back, then built a base for it. Tomorrow we'll work on the wire inserts for the doors, the upper vent and the top. It'll need a good paint job and we'll build a tin pan for the bottom that can be removed for cleaning. What do you think so far?

After adding the new bottom and back (it's upside down)

Building the base and legs - the cabinet matches the cabinetry in the mudroom too!

Base finished and attached

Inside

Doesn't look that much different yet, but it's sturdier!

Please ignore my ugly floor ... this is the mudroom where all my dogs come in and out of and they have destroyed the lino ... we are in the process of renovating and have walls to move before we replace the flooring!

Wow, that looks great! And you have a great place for them..away from main living area. I will have mine in an extra bedroom. :/ Have had for a few years, but not so many during the winter. I can put them out in the nursery coop earlier during the summer, but not during the winter. Wow, will have to show this to my DH. Nice. If I had one like this, wonder if he would mind so much it being in his shop.
big_smile.png

OK, I put up a THREAD for the New years day first chick pics. You can post them here too, but post them there so we can see em all in one place. Expect some voting polls to go up today for closed contests.

c

Back
Top Bottom