5-6 Week Old Chick Temperate

holiday hawk

Chirping
Apr 12, 2023
I've got 4 chicks from TSC in my garage. The youngest will turn 35ish days old tomorrow, give or take a couple of days. The other three I bought that day were slightly older, the person with me with some chicken experience said the oldest two were probably 10-14 days and the middle one was probably 7ish days old, so they are a week to two weeks older than her. Right now, they have a RentACoop heating plate. I will be getting day old ducklings sometime next week, depending on when they get mailed out (anytime from Tuesday to Saturday). So, my question is, would the youngest chick be ready to be off heat in my garage next week when the ducklings get here? Would she still need heat if they get here on Tuesday, but be fine if they arrive on Friday when the youngest would turn 42ish days old? My garage is always noticeably warmer than outside with no draft, but we are getting some nightly lows dipping down as low as the 50s next week. Here is the forecast:

1684428117422.png

I have a lamp I could get out for the ducklings if need be, but if the youngest chick will be ready to be off the heat by next Tuesday, then I won't drag it out of storage (plus I'd rather just teach the ducklings how to use the heat plate when the arrive rather than switching their heat source when they are a week or two old). What do you all think?

The youngest will turn 35ish days old tomorrow, give or take a couple of days. The other three I bought that day were slightly older, the person with me with some chicken experience said the oldest two were probably 10-14 days and the middle one was probably 7ish days old, so they are a week to two weeks older than her. Right now, they have a RentACoop heating plate.
Do they still use the heating plate at that age? How are they able to fit under it?

Back
Top Bottom