5 month old muscovy drake with injured leg

we're working on finding non scented rn actually, but i have him in a smaller coop/run setup rn and i think he's pulling out feathers/down bc he's stressed? if i let him into the yard the dog or other duck might mess with him and i dont want him to hurt his ankle anymore. can i do anything else for him?

I've used the eucalyptus scented for myself, but definitely wouldn't use it on my ducks... it's pretty strong... hope you can find the regular stuff soon...

Is he pulling feathers or molting? Is it just in one area or all over and they fall down as he preens?

Last edited:
i found someone who's gonna let me have some omg how much do i need?

and there's just down everywhere, and i think it just kinda falls off when he preens bc he does it kinda roughly? it's not all from one spot tho

Miss Lydia recommended 1/2 cup per soak, so at least a cup or 2 to start with would be good...

Sounds like he's just molting, he's about that age anyways too... when they molt, they itch horribly so they do preen a bit rough... sounds like schwepp-schwepp-schwepp kinda thing, lol...

1/2 cup to what amount of water?

and i thiught he was done molting but i rlly hope thats it

would it also work to fill up a small tub and hold him in there or should i soak a rag and leave it?

Back
Top Bottom