55 flowery hen 'recipe'?

There are at least three allelic mutations found on the sex linked barring allele.

b+ = Wildtype found on red junglefowl
B = Sex linked Barring also known as B1
B^Sd = Sex liked Dilution. Also known as B2
B^Esd = Sex Linked Extreme Dilution. Also known as B0
Is B^Esd possibly what 55 flowery hens have?

I would agree with that, Brussbars were never accepted even if they were just autosexing Sussex, perhaps they should of just have called them Crele Sussex when they were created and have them accepted?
I suspect it helps to know the right people, and popularized non-standard breeds become accepted faster and more often. The more promotable the better.

Possibly.

Currently the B^Sd and B^Esd have only been found on White Leghorns(Production and Research lines). 55 Flowery Hens can trace their lineage strait from Leghorns.
If you breed a 55 flowery Roo to another breed, then breed the female offspring back to a 55 flowery roo, would the males still be mostly white?

We know the females would inherit the barring the 55 flowery has and breeding back to a 55 flowery roo would result in males homozygous for 55 flowery barring,(whatever that might be).
Also, would it prove anything? If the F1B generation males are like a 55 flowery would that mean that they are B^Sd? Or if they look unlike the 55 flowery what would/could that tell us?

Possibly.

Currently the B^Sd and B^Esd have only been found on White Leghorns(Production and Research lines). 55 Flowery Hens can trace their lineage strait from Leghorns.
Would you link any articles/websites or books that talk about B^Esd/BO barring?
I found something that mentions it as "BO".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom