6.5 week old Golden Laced Wyandotte chicks

IMG_3393.jpg
IMG_3392.jpg

My daughter just sent me these from today, not sure if it's helpful in showing the red. These are my fiesty ladies, Bertha and Maybelline

I think Dorothy is a pullet. Those hackle feathers are round if you zoom in really close. And it seems she has a tiny crest at the top it maybe because of the way her feathers are coming in but looks like she has a parted toupee 😂 she is cute. Hopefully she turns out to be a she🤞.

Attachments

• C855FA69-5AF5-4AF1-984C-5CD7B3629579.jpeg
    C855FA69-5AF5-4AF1-984C-5CD7B3629579.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
I think Dorothy is a pullet. Those hackle feathers are round if you zoom in really close. And it seems she has a tiny crest at the top it maybe because of the way her feathers are coming in but looks like she has a parted toupee 😂 she is cute. Hopefully she turns out to be a she🤞.
Haha 😂 You're right about the toupee, I'm not going to be able to unsee that now!

Those feathers are round, I was telling myself that maybe it was too early for pointy hackle feathers yet 🤦🏼‍♀️ Their face being so red is throwing me off. She/he is as red as my obvious cockerels.

I noticed this morning that my cockerels do have pointy hackles and a few have pointy sickle feathers as well now. All are the same age but different breeds. Maybe it's not too early, I'll have to check the other two wyandottes today and see how they're looking feather-wise.

Haha 😂 You're right about the toupee, I'm not going to be able to unsee that now!

Those feathers are round, I was telling myself that maybe it was too early for pointy hackle feathers yet 🤦🏼‍♀️ Their face being so red is throwing me off. She/he is as red as my obvious cockerels.

I noticed this morning that my cockerels do have pointy hackles and a few have pointy sickle feathers as well now. All are the same age but different breeds. Maybe it's not too early, I'll have to check the other two wyandottes today and see how they're looking feather-wise.
It’s a cute toupee.🤣

Back
Top Bottom