6+ Iowa Blue eggs

mrheinz77

New Beginnings Poultry
8 Years
May 22, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Up for auction are 6+ Iowa Blue Eggs. I am part of a group trying to breed these magnificent birds back to what they once looked like. There has been some introduction of other breeds several generations ago and a mossiness still appears.
Iowa Blues are a dual purpose breed that are great for free ranging. The roosters take good care of their girls. My rooster has been very calm while the hens are a little more standoffish. They are getting better with the introduction of treats. I have one rooster in with 6 hens.

Fertility has been great. I guarantee fresh & fertile eggs. However, I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my hands, such as shipping & handling, incubation equipment, and incubation methods. I always pack extremely well and try to include extras. Payment is by Pay Pal only within 12 hours of the end of the auction. PayPal [email protected]

This is a picture of my rooster with his tail grown back in. It was taken with my phone so its not the best quality.

92928_a000iablroo.jpg

One of my pullets not related to the current line.

92928_100_0747.jpg

A new chick (They may also appear chocolate colored.)
92928_ia20blue2067e25.jpg

The flock minus a hen or two.
92928_a00000000001iagrp.jpg

Last edited:
Those are some beautiful chickens, Jim. I understand they are a rare heritage breed. Someone will be happy to grab those up, I am sure.

Although not the Rarest American breed, they are quite rare. They are on the Study list only because they are not recognized by the SOP yet, otherwise they would be a lot higher. There are very few breeders of this unique American breed. I can't wait to see the chicks from this pen mature.

It is 6+ I fixed that. I have 6 collected from yesterday and today so any eggs laid Monday will be extra. I will ship whatever is laid Monday plus the 6 I have already. Sorry about the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom