6 month old GLW not laying.

Sadness Child

Crowing
Jun 16, 2019
ABQ, New Mexico
I have 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes, that are 6 months old, and they have not laid an egg yet. I believe one of them laid an egg in her sleep about 3 weeks ago, otherwise They have not laid any eggs.

They have layer feed during the time they are outside. And I give them crushed eggshells in their fermented feed.

If they're not laying they really shouldn't be on layer feed. And even laying birds should not have calcium mixed into their feed unless you are specifically treating for calcium deficiency in a layer.

Calcium should be offered on the side for them to take as needed. It does NOT cause them to lay eggs.

If they're not laying they really shouldn't be on layer feed. And even laying birds should not have calcium mixed into their feed unless you are specifically treating for calcium deficiency in a layer.

Calcium should be offered on the side for them to take as needed. It does NOT cause them to lay eggs.
I have 3 other pullets who are laying. It is good to know that.

I have had birds that were almost 9 months old before they layed their first egg and my earliest was at 17 weeks. You never know. I give my birds grower until I get my first egg. Since you have some that are laying, maybe feed the birds All Flock/Flock Raiser. It is good for flocks with different ages and different poultry. I do give my birds oyster shells and grit. Because I have a lot of birds it works best for me to put it in their feeders and they take what they want. Many people won't agree with this method but it works for me and the birds. Good luck...

I have had birds that were almost 9 months old before they layed their first egg and my earliest was at 17 weeks. You never know. I give my birds grower until I get my first egg. Since you have some that are laying, maybe feed the birds All Flock/Flock Raiser. It is good for flocks with different ages and different poultry. I do give my birds oyster shells and grit. Because I have a lot of birds it works best for me to put it in their feeders and they take what they want. Many people won't agree with this method but it works for me and the birds. Good luck...
Ok I will keep this in mind

Back
Top Bottom