Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes with modifications

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GeoGreyWolf

Songster
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
Bought this incubator off Ebay before I read alot of reviews. I have seen some reviews as decent and others as horrible. Has anyone had any success with this cheaper small incubator? If so how did you manage the success? I seen one guy form Australia buys the cheap Chinese incubators and puts them in boxes with insulation to help boost the heat which they seem to have a problem with?

I plan on only doing a couple of eggs at a time which is why i bought small, and plan on doing Duck eggs.
IMG_4297[1].JPG

I had this incubator and I found that 5 out of 7 of my eggs were fertilised. Over the first two weeks of incubation 3 embryos died due to the incubator and then on day 17 it stopped working completely and my last two eggs died as almost fully formed chicks! This incubator only brings sadness and it is not worth using it. I bought a new incubator and am on day 21 of my hatch and my chicks are starting to pip!! All of my fertilised eggs have made it through to hatch day without any problems now that I am using a good incubator. It is defiantly worth upgrading to a better one. Hope this helps and sorry for the long message!

I've used the magicfly or janoel 12 egg incubators for quite awhile and have very good success with them... I see them as low as $50 new on ebay. The instructions are bad, you need to experiment and get it calibrated to a known accurate thermometer. Don't trust that the built in thermometer is accurate! I never use the turner as it only fits about 9 large chicken eggs. I have incubated as many as 50 quail eggs and 20 large chicken eggs. I manually tilt the whole incubator from side to side. With a few mods I have made I have the same hatch rates my friend gets with his expensive brinsea

I've used the magicfly or janoel 12 egg incubators for quite awhile and have very good success with them... I see them as low as $50 new on ebay. The instructions are bad, you need to experiment and get it calibrated to a known accurate thermometer. Don't trust that the built in thermometer is accurate! I never use the turner as it only fits about 9 large chicken eggs. I have incubated as many as 50 quail eggs and 20 large chicken eggs. I manually tilt the whole incubator from side to side. With a few mods I have made I have the same hatch rates my friend gets with his expensive brinsea

Are you able to see inside those incubators. I like the idea of being able to visually see inside when the hatching starts. Mostly want to hatch eggs to let my daughters see the process.

I am currently attempting to see if i can get a refund on the 7 egg incubator and try and find another non expensive one. Not planning on hatching a lot of eggs. Some here and there for my daughters to witness and then possibly sell off the ducklings or give away to people. Any advice on an inexpensive incubator that works and had visibility for us to see in the incubator as the hatching process begins?

I used this incubator tried 4 eggs. 3 were quitters and one hatched. No issues. I feel the quitters were due to the incubator as well. Though i cant say that for sure. There isnt a way to moderate the humidity and i feel thats the biggest flaw with this incubator. I think when you use it, it would help greatly to get a humidity gauge (i want to say they have some for reptiles that would work well for this thing) as i didnt do that and i feel thats why my other 3 eggs quit. If u get 1 drop of water in the middle (heating element) it will get very humid in there. Best of luck with your eggs :ya
20171007_151838.jpg

This is the incubator that I got. Wanted to try hatching either a few chickens or quail eggs. I have 4 chicken eggs (shipped) in now and it is day 17. I candled them this morning but I don't think I'm doing it right? Also the temp seems to be really fluctuating? Is that normal? It stayed pretty consistent up until yesterday, could it be because the house is colder? Maybe I will try putting it in styrofoam? I have a pot holder and dish towel around it now. I really didn't expect them to hatch but I still want them to. I've learned a lot on this site, but being new to this it's still a lot to learn!

Not to derail this thread, but may I offer my Alternate suggestion?
Spend 20 bucks, get a silkie chicken, and let do 100% of the work. I put 5 eggs under my girl, she hatched out 4 of them.
She keeps the temp perfect.
She keeps the humidity perfect.
She keeps them safe after they hatch.
She keeps them warm after they hatch.

Best investment I ever made was buying my girls. (2 Silkies)
And its so cool to see the mom pick up some food, cackle (call over the babies) and drop the food in front of them. She even brought them a cricket yesterday. SOOO cool to watch.

Not to derail this thread, but may I offer my Alternate suggestion?
Spend 20 bucks, get a silkie chicken, and let do 100% of the work. I put 5 eggs under my girl, she hatched out 4 of them.
She keeps the temp perfect.
She keeps the humidity perfect.
She keeps them safe after they hatch.
She keeps them warm after they hatch.

Best investment I ever made was buying my girls. (2 Silkies)
And its so cool to see the mom pick up some food, cackle (call over the babies) and drop the food in front of them. She even brought them a cricket yesterday. SOOO cool to watch.
I want a silkie for sure. That's my next option. i will probably just use it to try and get my buttons to hatch after the chickens are out. My Button loves to lay eggs but she gets bored after 10 days. I thought the price was worth the experiment and read mixed reviews. I can only hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom