82 Chicks are here! *With Lots of Baby Pics*

NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez Poultry
10 Years
Dec 27, 2009
Casa Grande
My Coop
My Coop
In Feb I placed an order for my chicks, and after a long anticipated wait....they are here!

I ordered:

17 Phoenix
11 Frizzles
12 Gold Polish
12 Silver Polish
12 Buff Polish
6 White Crested Black Polish
6 Mottled Houdans
1 Delaware Roo
3 Silver Laced Wyandottes

They got here at about 9 am this morning. I knew that the post office gets their trucks in at 4 am and 9 am. So I was up at 4 ready to go and didnt get the call. So I went back to sleep and dreamed that somehow the words "Tyson" got printed on my box and accidentally sent to the frozen food section of the grocery store (Im pregnant so my bizarre dreams are normal). So at 9 am I was going to humor myself and go to the post office. Just then the phone call came in. We went and picked them up. When we got in line we could hear them peeping. I peeked in when we were in the car and all looked alive, but when we got home I peeked again before getting out of the car and noticed one was gone. We put them in the brooder and counted 83 live chicks. The one that was DOA was a Silver Laced Polish and it appears to be a roo. I seperated out the bantams (Frizzles) and any other very small chicks and put them in a dog crate on the porch for a safer place. A short time later I found a Frizzle had died. Then pulled two more Frizzles out that were close to dying. I have them in the kitchen in another crate wrapped in towels and syringe feeding a gro gel/starter mixture every 30 minutes. They are looking much better than they were a few hours ago.

I also had been to the feed store Saturday and picked up 3 EE'ers and 2 Buff Orpintons. Then 2 weeks earlier I got 6 Blue Polish chicks and 2 Gold Polish chicks and 7 Black/White Polish and 1 Black Polish, and 3 silkies (one of which turned into a roo). I was really hoping to get a Cuckoo Maran or two, but the hatchery wanted 5.19 for each hen and my husband would have strangled me (and openly admitted he had done it) if I spent any more on chicks.

I just thought I would share a few pictures. Some of the pics are our older new babies and some of our newest babies.

Here's most of them that we ordered from McMurray today (there were some on the other side of the brooder but the majority are in the picture).
2d4bd0874020__1268673712000.jpg

Some of my smaller babies (including the Buff's and the EE'ers and the Black/White Polish).
104_0141.jpg

104_0142.jpg

My blue and gold Polish
104_0138.jpg

The Frizzles and a few other non bantams that were on the small side
104_0150.jpg

I wasnt sure what this one was at first because I forgot I had gotten the Silver Laced Wyandottes, but I am pretty sure thats what she is.
104_0154.jpg

Wow..82...WOW!!! That makes my head swim
th.gif

or would a more appropriate response be
barnie.gif

Good Luck and congratulations
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom