9 Week Old Splash Ameraucana - Pullet or Roo?

BlueberryWaffles

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2023
Western WA
Hi all!

I've been reading helpful articles and experienced chicken owners' advice on here for a while, so I finally decided to make an account! I live in the PNW and have 11 chickens and 4 ducks. I'm glad to be a part of this community and seek help for my own birds!

Now for my main reason for joining: the notorious "pullet or roo?" question. I recently got 5 new chicks mail delivered to me from Meyer Hatchery, the chick in question being a BBS Ameraucana with splash coloring. The other 4 girls have started to squat for pets, but the splash Ameraucana absolutely refuses to submit, and its feathers look slightly different than its sisters. It is also starting to show the smallest bit of spur bumps on its legs. He/she is 9 weeks old, pictures are attached.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Image[1].jpeg
Image[5].jpeg
Image.jpeg

Hi all!

I've been reading helpful articles and experienced chicken owners' advice on here for a while, so I finally decided to make an account! I live in the PNW and have 11 chickens and 4 ducks. I'm glad to be a part of this community and seek help for my own birds!

Now for my main reason for joining: the notorious "pullet or roo?" question. I recently got 5 new chicks mail delivered to me from Meyer Hatchery, the chick in question being a BBS Ameraucana with splash coloring. The other 4 girls have started to squat for pets, but the splash Ameraucana absolutely refuses to submit, and its feathers look slightly different than its sisters. It is also starting to show the smallest bit of spur bumps on its legs. He/she is 9 weeks old, pictures are attached.

Thank you in advance for the help!

View attachment 3579120View attachment 3579121View attachment 3579122
I have a 5wk old splash like yours, so I'm very curious to see what the others say 👀

Following!

Back
Top Bottom