9 week olds first night in coop. Low of 32 degrees

Guinea girl 123

Chirping
Jul 25, 2017
Hi everyone. This may be a dumb question that has been asked a million times, but I just moved my chicks into the coop at 9 weeks old. It is only 2 of them, on their own roost because my guinea is not very nice to them and especially does not like sharing a roost just yet so no warm cuddles from the big girls. It is going to be a LOW 32 degrees tonight and I'm wondering if they need a heat lamp? I live in Washington and the weather is crazy. Any help is appreciated. :thumbsup

If it is a huge difference in the temperatures that they are used to (way more than 20 degrees), and since there are only 2... I would probably let them spend the night in the house in a box (or wherever it was that they had been sleeping).

The young ones aren't as good with sudden temperature drops.

If you had 6 or more out there I wouldn't be so cautious .

Hi everyone. This may be a dumb question that has been asked a million times, but I just moved my chicks into the coop at 9 weeks old. It is only 2 of them, on their own roost because my guinea is not very nice to them and especially does not like sharing a roost just yet so no warm cuddles from the big girls. It is going to be a LOW 32 degrees tonight and I'm wondering if they need a heat lamp? I live in Washington and the weather is crazy. Any help is appreciated. :thumbsup
:frow :welcome

Thanks everyone for your help!! I have their separate area well insulated with straw and an old blanket, they seem to be doing fine :thumbsup so grateful for you all and this website!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom