911!!! blu-kote everywhere, and graduation is Friday!!!!!

Herroyalhenness

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 12, 2012
Four of my six little darlings have needed blu-kote on their bums because my two barred rocks decided to bully the NH reds, and Ameraucaunas by pluching their feathers mercilessly and biting their backs and butts. Feathers are slowly growing back on my NH reds and one of my Ameraucaunas, but the other is at the bottom of the pecking order (she's a scrawny little thing, too. but most of them are scrawny since the barred rocks and one of the reds take all the food). as a result, we still have to put regular blu-kotes on their bums to fend off the barred rocks.
Yesterday, my parents were re-painting part of the kitchen, so I was stuck painting the chickens blue (a few weeks ago, I put some on the barred rocks' chests where there was some wear to their feathers just to get back at them
lau.gif
) Henrietta, my favorite was good until she decided to SIT on my leg. Milly struggled until she was done, and squirmed when I carried her back to the coop, getting a lot on my arms. Clucky and Mercy (the ameraucaunas)... When I put the blu-kote on them, they were not happy. Clucky wouldn't stop squirming, and Mercy continuously tried to run away (I had to hold her by the tail, which was awful. the poor thing). As a result of her various escape attempts, we're BOTH covered in blu-kote.

This sort of thing happened a few days before prom last month, but my dress was long with gloves, so it was all covered. But Friday is my HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION! and My dress is a knee-high halter top swing dress that I made myself. so here's my question:

How can I get the blu-kote off in five days?

I tried scrubbing it with soap and hot water in the shower, and so far, It hasn't done a thing. Gasoline only lightens it, so what do I do?

Last edited:
You might be able to get it off by Friday. Try rubbing alcohol. I think it is soluble (sp) in alcohol. In any event it won't hurt. And Boraxo. Diligent use of the Boraxo daily should do it. Just don't try to get it all off at once.

Hey guys, so I found hot water,a mixture of nail polish remover and dawn, and hard scrubbing with a nail brush does the trick in one wash. Thank you for all your help (I just got to responding today lol) and graduation went great! Loving my new college life!!! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom