911----Superstitious?

Quote:
I am sorry that she has to suffer that. Some people need to keep their mouths
duc.gif

Henry'schickens :

I sent DH and DD to the store and DD said, "Dad would not buy any milk with the date 9-11 on it. He did that with the bread too, Mom"
After all, it is a day we will never forget.

Nothing wrong with remembering that day VERY clearly. Maybe you could all think of a good way for your family to commemorate it amongst yourselves so that you can continue to honor those who died in a structured way. This might give a good avenue for these feelings of remembrance, remorse, horror, sorrow, pride . . . and help rebuild.
hmm.png

Henry'schickens :

I sent DH and DD to the store and DD said, "Dad would not buy any milk with the date 9-11 on it. He did that with the bread too, Mom"
After all, it is a day we will never forget.

Make sure he doesn't order 2-cheese burgers, a double cheese burger, small drink & Fries at Mcdonalds. It comes to $6.66...I had to throw the change in the Ronald McDonald charity box.(Just in case)​

Henry'schickens :

Quote:
duc.gif

Thanks, she is used to it and understands now as a teen. I remember what i was doing, where i was and who i was with during the trade centers, pentagon and the plane that crashed~ LETS ROLL

Funny cause another member mentioned their hatch is due. So is mine........LOL BC Marans, EE's and 2 frizzel bantam.​

Last edited:
Quote:
duc.gif

Thanks, she is used to it and understands now as a teen. I remember what i was doing, where i was and who i was with during the trade centers, pentagon and the plane that crashed~ LETS ROLL

Funny cause another member mentioned their hatch is due. So is mine........LOL BC Marans, EE's and 2 frizzel bantam.

I was sitting in school.. The daily school news had just gone off and the teacher was out in the hall so the TV got left on. A kid and I yelled for the teacher to come in. The TVs didnt get turned off all day...
Hard to believe that was almost 8 years ago!
Where did that time go!?!

Quote:
That's Crazy!
My daughters Birthday is the day before.
She gets comments about it too.

I'm not understanding why!
It was a wonderful day The day she was born, for me!
BTW she was born in 1991. and that's what we are celebrating.
My husband and I will recognize 9/11 but only for the moment it happened, like on remembrance day Nov 11. at 11:00am for one full minute.

Quote:
That's Crazy!
My daughters Birthday is the day before.
She gets comments about it too.

I'm not understanding why!
It was a wonderful day The day she was born, for me!
BTW she was born in 1991. and that's what we are celebrating.
My husband and I will recognize 9/11 but only for the moment it happened, like on remembrance day Nov 11. at 11:00am for one full minute.

Britt was born in 1992......LOL

My husband's birthday is also 9/11 -- is he supposed to avoid it now? It is one thing to be honoring a momentous event on a day and quite another to associate it with other events in a negative way.

When I lived in NC, my driver's license ended in 666 ... Whenever I was asked for my license as an ID, many people would comment, some that they'd never feel comfortable and would have demanded a new number. I think it actually bothered some of them to have to write it down (on the check). It never bothered me, but I can't say it wasn't a relief when we moved back to PA and I got a new number. I don't have people look at me cross-eyed because of my driver's license number, anymore~~!

Quote:
Hey ... Some people are extremely superstitious.
I was born Friday the 13th.
Oh well!
Just a lucky day for me and my parents ...lol

I remember where I was that day. I was in the school library and I could see the teacher's lounge through the windows. They had a TV on and all the teachers were watching it. I knew something was up and all I could see was the news helicopter flying around the towers. I whispered to the person next to me "I think that there was a helicopter crash". It wasn't until we were rushed off to our homeroom that the teacher turned on the news in the room and we actually found out what happened.

Remember the day, but do not fear it, for that is what terrorism hopes to accomplish. Remembrance and fear are two different things, do not allow the terrorism to accomplish it's purpose. Remember the day, do not fear it. Mourn the fallen, but do not fear a fall.

Back
Top Bottom