93 steamy degrees here today, BUT..................

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by texaschickmama, Feb 26, 2009.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    it's gonna get down to 27 Saturday night. [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    That's what happens when you get all sassy and brag about your warm weather [​IMG] LOL

3. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    Quote:And how!

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I know, I know. They say if you don't like the weather here in Texas, wait 15 minutes. [​IMG]

This warm weather has really motivated us the last couple of days and we have gotten a lot of work done outside. My husband started the coop expansion. I have rearranged the birds and put them in different pens. It's great. Now, I have to go back to hibernation mode for a few days. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, I'm ready for Spring.

We got our potatoes in the ground. We've had our onions in the ground for several weeks. I'm ready to get our garden going. I just love Spring time.

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You're already gardening. [​IMG] I wish... [​IMG] It's just starting to be regularly above 30 here now...(you know, 32, 34...)...

6. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    I was so excited that it got up to ALMOST 50 DEGREES yesterday, that I bundled my favorite 6-wk old chickie into my sweatshirt, just so she could get a quick peek at the "great outdoors", and feel grass on her feet for the first time ever (for all of 10 seconds or so [​IMG] )...

Then back inside with her buddies & the warmth... I don't think she knew what to make of it all.... [​IMG]

7. tinners204

tinners204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Iowa
    In order for us to plant potato's we would have to get through the frost first.[​IMG]

8. annmarie

annmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    It's going to be a balmy 44 today here in Vermont. I left my coat at home! [​IMG]

9. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Yikes....I knew a cold front was coming, but I didn't realize it was going to be THAT cold....brrrrrrrrr. It'll be in the mid-80's here today. Going to check the forcast now....

My chickies are going to be so sad if they have to stay in their brooder for a couple days [​IMG] They have really been enjoying their outside time every day.

10. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    71 here today but Monday it's suppose to be windy with snow showers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by