A Bielefelder Thread !

Thanks everyone.. now to wait and see how they grow out! Could be about anything, but even if they turn out to be easter eggers(LOL love my EE's but they better not be!) I do love the process.. and may have learned a valuable lesson- buy from a researched source if I want something in particular. :)

So I bought a few chicks(the little white and yellows are crosses we hatched) and will I had chicks I figured I might as well see if there were other breeds that interested me.

Are the 2 brown's in the pic's Bielefelders? Hoping so! The black ones I got from the same person must be crosses of some sort. Shame on me for not researching first, but a bit of an impulse purchase. Thanks!

I have made a lot of mistakes buying chickens. I am getting better but..... my mistakes put eggs on the table and bring me so much joy. You aren't the first and you won't be the last. They are so cute, enjoy them. I am lucky I have room for a lot of mistakes, I hope you do too. Chickens are addictive. Don't tell anyone but I bought 12 more at tractor supply yesterday! I couldn't help myself!

:) I am guilty of chicken math for sure!!! :) It has been a wonderful adventure and learning curb when it comes to chickens so I am sure I will gain just as much enjoyment from these! I was just looking at the darker one and her legs are bordering on blue! So now really wondering if they are just especially well colored easter eggers! LOL But I love my colored eggs and will be glad to have more.

:) I am guilty of chicken math for sure!!! :) It has been a wonderful adventure and learning curb when it comes to chickens so I am sure I will gain just as much enjoyment from these! I was just looking at the darker one and her legs are bordering on blue! So now really wondering if they are just especially well colored easter eggers! LOL But I love my colored eggs and will be glad to have more.
Do the legbars? have yellow legs?

It is amazing how we connect with people here from all over the world. I am making Kumquat Marmalade this morning and I thought of DesertChic. Planning dinner I thought about Bine. All the people that touch my life here on BYC, there are so many. You all are always willing to share your knowledge, sympathy, information and joy at the drop of a post!
Thank you all for your support and kindness.
love.gif

Agreed! Small wonder this site is SOOOOOO addictive - I love it!!!!!

Me too! I was down to 53, then bought 13 Austra White cockerels to learn how to caponize, and have 17 eggs in an incubator and one hatchling so far.
th.gif

I have made a lot of mistakes buying chickens. I am getting better but..... my mistakes put eggs on the table and bring me so much joy. You aren't the first and you won't be the last. They are so cute, enjoy them. I am lucky I have room for a lot of mistakes, I hope you do too. Chickens are addictive. Don't tell anyone but I bought 12 more at tractor supply yesterday! I couldn't help myself!

Yeah, boys, ain't it the truth! But the way I look at it is if you already know everything, then what's the point? To me, chickens are like baking bread - each hatch or loaf is different, each bird or loaf is different, but what they have in common is that they are all tasty and sustainable! Win/win!!!!!

P.S. I've been staying out of TSC - the one here gets their chicks on Thursdays and they are sold out by Saturday. So that gives me four "safe" days to pick up my supplies!!!!

Yeah, boys, ain't it the truth! But the way I look at it is if you already know everything, then what's the point? To me, chickens are like baking bread - each hatch or loaf is different, each bird or loaf is different, but what they have in common is that they are all tasty and sustainable! Win/win!!!!!

P.S. I've been staying out of TSC - the one here gets their chicks on Thursdays and they are sold out by Saturday. So that gives me four "safe" days to pick up my supplies!!!!
Couldn't resist..... they had Cuckoo Marans. More dark eggs from my laying flock! There is always a justification!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom