A bit young for marriage plans, aren't you?

I've just finished explaining to my 5-yr-old that no, sorry, he's *just not allowed* to marry his sister. Again.
roll.png

My preschooler asked me to buy his girlfriend a Christmas present so he could give it to her at church. The girlfriend? She's 14. She plays along well.
smile.png
She became his unwilling 'girlfriend' because she brought in cotton candy in the preschool room and shared it with all of them.
gig.gif
He'll tell you, too, she's my girlfriend because she brought me cotton candy!
love.gif

My elementary aged child has a small $1 trinket that we are mailing to his girlfriend (in the last state we lived in). They met in preschool a few years ago, hit it off and proclaimed to everyone that they are going to get married when they are grown ups. It's been a few years and now they haven't seen each other in person in quite some time and so far, that's still their plan. As stubborn as they both can be, I'm not betting against it!
lau.gif

Don't ever scoff at puppy love. Uncle Fred proposed to Aunt Carrie when he was eight and she was nine. It took a couple years for her to accept but there was never anyone else for either of them. They waited until their early twenties to actually marry. They had three children. They were together their whole life until death separated them when they were in their 80's. I met my late husband when I was 11 and he was 13. I decided then and there he was the one. We were married 45 years, but it seems like our wedding was just yesterday.

When my now 9 yr. old son was 4 he "married" my friends daughter on the swing set. The little girl found a loose washer and put it on his finger. When he came home I noticed his swollen finger and the washer. We tried everything but couldn't get it off. We had to take him to the ER....they tried for 2 hrs. and couldn't get it off!!

We were all getting worried. . . then a doctor with a french accent walks up to the crowd that has now congregated around my boy, asks whats going on. He took maybe 2 mins. and had the washer off.
idunno.gif

I don't know what he did but I was just happy to get out of there. Needless to say, my boy isn't allowed to get married until he's able to drive himself to the ER!

My 4 yo grandaughter decided she wanted to marry her PawPaw...she wanted the whole wedding ceremony! Fortunately she has a short attention span, was easily distracted & forgot all about it.

My ds is 8 and in a Montessori class with 6-9yo's. I was suprised how much talk there is among the kids about crushes and who has a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom