A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Feisty sorry to hear about that coyote. I suggest a predator call and a piece of lead traveling 2300 FPS.

Good luck on getting him. I lost  bunch this summer too to coyotes or foxes during the day. Coyotes are the most likely as they hunt daylight hours. 

DH is on it (the call and the fast traveling lead). Coyotes just moved up the list of things to deter from the yard..... I knew they were there, but I didn't think they'd come so close to the house. The birds don't go more than 50' from the house. The big birds are going to be a little less free-range now. I'm not sure that Turkules could have gotten away if the coyote had grabbed him, and he can't fly right now. The additional fencing should help - I just hope that the raccoons don't get any bright ideas and start hunting here too. I may have to take up shooting myself if they do :/

DH is on it (the call and the fast traveling lead). Coyotes just moved up the list of things to deter from the yard..... I knew they were there, but I didn't think they'd come so close to the house. The birds don't go more than 50' from the house. The big birds are going to be a little less free-range now. I'm not sure that Turkules could have gotten away if the coyote had grabbed him, and he can't fly right now. The additional fencing should help - I just hope that the raccoons don't get any bright ideas and start hunting here too. I may have to take up shooting myself if they do
hmm.png

May his lead travel true and fast, may they all die, in the manner they deserve.....

Sorry been watching game of thrones and may get into it too much.

I love game of thrones, looking forward to the next season.

I read the books years ago and loved them. We do not have HBO, and I did not want to pay Amazon for the series, but one bored night we watched the first episodes. It is amazing to have a movie/series that is as good as the books!

BTW how many seasons are there?

I read the books years ago and    loved them.   We do not have HBO, and I did not want to pay Amazon for the series, but one bored night we watched the first episodes.  It is amazing to have a movie/series that is as good as the books!

BTW how many seasons are there?

I read the book too and found the shows story line can be very different from some of the books. I am waiting impatiently for the next book and season. There have been 5 seasons so far and Six is on its way.

I read the book too and found the shows story line can be very different from some of the books. I am waiting impatiently for the next book and season. There have been 5 seasons so far and Six is on its way.
I have noticed the differences so far. I assumed it was just because the books were so massive and the series needed to compress it. It is still just as good as the books were.

Wow....didn't realize how tenacious turkeys can be! Last week my Bourbon Red became facinated with the chickens coop. In and out she would go. Then she'd walk around the outside. Or fly to the roof & walk around. Sometimes she'd find a hen in the nest box and stand there until the hen would run her out. Finally today she decided go try the nest box. It's not an easy fit. Took her awhile to figure out how to even get into it! Somehow she managed. Big problem....she picked the box with my broody Australorp. Who is sitting on air...don't have a rooster. There was growling, chirping, and lots of thumping around. I know...i should have yanked her out. But I was laughing to hard. Then...silence. I peeked in...afraid she smothered grumpy hen. But grumps was wedged under her tail. Half an hour later...out she pops. Yep...she layed her big ole turkey egg. Of course the hen immediately shoved it under herself. She's just one determined turkey!

Wow....didn't realize how tenacious turkeys can be! Last week my Bourbon Red became facinated with the chickens coop. In and out she would go. Then she'd walk around the outside. Or fly to the roof & walk around. Sometimes she'd find a hen in the nest box and stand there until the hen would run her out. Finally today she decided go try the nest box. It's not an easy fit. Took her awhile to figure out how to even get into it! Somehow she managed. Big problem....she picked the box with my broody Australorp. Who is sitting on air...don't have a rooster. There was growling, chirping, and lots of thumping around. I know...i should have yanked her out. But I was laughing to hard. Then...silence. I peeked in...afraid she smothered grumpy hen. But grumps was wedged under her tail. Half an hour later...out she pops. Yep...she layed her big ole turkey egg. Of course the hen immediately shoved it under herself. She's just one determined turkey!

Lol. That's really funny.

Back
Top Bottom