A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

You wouldn't like it here. We had -27°F the 2nd week of November last year. Of course On a calm sunny day, -20°F feels comfortable because of the low humidity. When the wind blows even 40°F is miserable.
With as much time as I've spent outdoors in the fall and winter I couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
Our winters are wet. And with high humidity it's miserable. An inch of snow shuts down the city. We have no snow plows. But usually we get ice. Which is so destructive. Not looking forward to it. Honestly the short daylight hours bother me the most. Dark going & coming from work.

I just want rain. Dead grass and drought resistant weeds don't make good grazing. We are heading back to 90 degrees today.

In other news... ChaCha was attacked again. Not sure who did it. It's really bad. Her head is open where her fluffy feathers should be. Using antiseptic spray and bag balm. Feeding her separately while the others are eating. She is hiding in the barn/coop room.

I was gone for a few days. My Mother in Law was feeding them and didn't notice. It was already scabbing when I found her Monday. But that is a big gaping hole in her head. Skin is loose.

I just want rain. Dead grass and drought resistant weeds don't make good grazing. We are heading back to 90 degrees today.

In other news... ChaCha was attacked again. Not sure who did it. It's really bad. Her head is open where her fluffy feathers should be. Using antiseptic spray and bag balm. Feeding her separately while the others are eating. She is hiding in the barn/coop room.

I was gone for a few days. My Mother in Law was feeding them and didn't notice. It was already scabbing when I found her Monday. But that is a big gaping hole in her head. Skin is loose.

Oh no! I hope she heals up for you and doesn't get attacked again
:(

We finally got some rain today here and it's a comfortable 66°. Such a nice change from the scorching heat and sun. All my turkeys are willingly just hanging out in their own shed (not the chicken coop for once). They're just lounging on their roost, preening and yawning lol

Back
Top Bottom