A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    [​IMG]
    Been there, done that. Not anymore. I carry a long stick and they all have respect for the stick. A lot of times it merely takes pointing the stick in their direction to get the desired results. No stick equals no respect.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  2. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Not to rub it in or anything...but I just put Charlie and the girls to bed. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. charmedbaker

Could that be what they really mean by the phrase: "Talking Turkey"?

4. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    Ralph - there are definitely days when the temptation is to leave them outside if they don't want to go in lol. Good thing Penguin is cute.....

We are usually able to put the young turks in pretty easily at night - but last night it took 2 of us a long time to get them "in". It's amazing how far 4 little turkeys can spread out when they want to be difficult about being corralled into one location......sigh.

Charmed - I'm jealous of how easily yours wander into their coop :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  5. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Charlie is darling! What a good boy!

Ralphie. ..sorry you had such a tough time tonight. I think the boys thought they'd get in on the chicken chasing fun!

My two girls are easy. I call them & they come. Of course they know they get a treat before bedtime. I turn down their roosts & leave a chocolate on their pillows.

1 person likes this.
  6. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Hmmm....just thinking about getting all my fowl into respective coops at bedtime and am beginning to wonder whose got who trained. I'm thinking they are all playing me for treats!

1 person likes this.
  7. charmedbaker

Actual Genuine Chicken Photobomb!
    I was trying to get a picture of Charlie with yogurt all over his beak and Ginger popped in! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Ginger couldn't fathom you taking pictures of anyone but her! This must be a mistake thought Ginger. :lau

1 person likes this.
  9. charmedbaker

LOL! She does like attention. If I'm not fast enough with the greens, she is hopping up to get them from my hand! and she unties my shoes if I'm in the way of her feed!

10. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast

Your Ginger sounds just like my Bessie.....knows what she wants, and lets you know it :gig

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by