A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I think it would be funny to dress Daisy as a peahen. Annie is red....not sure what to dress her as. Maybe a little devil!! Maybe a ballarina with just a little tulle skirt. Someday I'm going to actually do this!! My neighbors would die seeing the girls dressed in costumes on our evening stroll.

I could probably easily make a hen saddle with a tutu around the bottom edge lol

I've still got two toms who fly over the fence and then wander throughout the day. They act like they don't know how to get back in until dinner is offered then they have no problem flying over the fence to get dinner.
Maybe that's what I need to do. Just leave them out until they get desperate enough to figure it out themselves. :rolleyes:
You know....they have that non-toxic colored spray for hair that washes right out. Maybe, if I can find the right colors the girls could go as PEAHENS!! LOL!!
Oh no! Not on their brand new feathers!! What if it stains?:eek:

:lau
I can just see Bob shaking his head over pet turkeys in Halloween costumes. :gig

So on our evening stroll last night we ran into a gaggle of little girls. Daisy allowed herself to be petted. She must be over her molt for sure! Noticed that all the little girls were sporting colorful nail polish. Apparently they were at a birthday party at a nail salon. (Who knew such things existed?) Bottom line....they wanted to go get nail polish & paint Daisy's nails! Purple was the agreed upon color. So while the girls were deciding on a nail color....I was chatting with the two mothers. Both of which are frequent walkers. And all this time I thought they were sipping water from their water bottles only to find out ....its wine!

So on our evening stroll last night we ran into a gaggle of little girls. Daisy allowed herself to be petted. She must be over her molt for sure! Noticed that all the little girls were sporting colorful nail polish. Apparently they were at a birthday party at a nail salon. (Who knew such things existed?) Bottom line....they wanted to go get nail polish & paint Daisy's nails! Purple was the agreed upon color. So while the girls were deciding on a nail color....I was chatting with the two mothers. Both of which are frequent walkers. And all this time I thought they were sipping water from their water bottles only to find out ....its wine!

So is Daisy now sporting beautiful purple nails? They would look beautiful will a purple tutu! Lol! I've heard of the nail salon parties . My daughter wanted to have one once but we live too far away for it to be worth while for everyone to go. I'm sure those moms use that wine after a few hours of excited little girls getting manicures lol

My heard on pasture. Tryed it for the first time, was so cool.
44563804_474790749691208_1250054620957376512_n.jpg
44574551_2226983084239566_3926768640296222720_n.jpg
44575395_187671448831394_634100437481422848_n.jpg
44598612_1124941144337574_5859809497534431232_n.jpg
44699284_932268486982582_906521623132110848_n.jpg

Wow....that really is a herd Gluglu! How cool!

No...the wine sipping moms stopped the gaggle of girls from painting Daisy's nails. Whew! I was happy to see Daisy interacting with the kids....she avoided everyone during her molt. Oh, and Annie spent her time tapping on the girls glittered nails. She's still in her " no touch" zone, but had a hard time resisting those bright nail colors. Turkeys are just too funny!

Not turk related but a goat funny...

Yesterday we moved the bucks fence and house to new grass... we have hot hot electric nettin for them. So my bright idea was to move the two wethers in with them cause bibbin really needs be weaned now. All was fine when we took the convicts in pretty much. Bucks blubberin and spittin tellin the convicts they were not the big kids now. But after bout twenty minute ignore the kids and went back to fresh grass. We stayed outside workin for a good two hours after checkin on them often. Yea the wethers were hollarin their fool heads off down the hill while the ladies up the hill were doin the same.

Grace (mama) quieted first which surprised me. Dora... bibbin’s sleepin buddy omg LOUD and proud singin. Gardenia... cosmo’s buddy.... was fussin a bit and lookin for him. I think the girls were worse than the boys lol. Came inside and i did go out once more to check on them and everyone was quiet so yay! I didnt feel great and fell sleep on the couch so i hadnt been out since eight to check on them.

Fast forward two hours and mama calls.... uhhhh i think you got a goat out...me... oh sorry i forgot tell you we separated the boys today so that what you hear.... then i can hear bibbin hollarin in the phone... up the hill.....oh my uhhhh yea i will be up in a min lol! Two lil convicts standin at the fence with mama tryin open the gate and tryin hold onto two pissed off convicts. That was kinda comical really... The best part was my wee five ft nothin mama tryin hold a phone to her ear, unwrap the strap on the big gate all while holdin a bibbin between her legs and cosmo by the collar. And when i jus called the boys and they neanderthalled to me like hey other maman you left us down the hill where we dont belong... so we decided come home..... mama was all oh hells bells and started stompin back to her house. Lol!

The nettin...... nothin wrong with it what so ever! Still reading hot as hades. No trees close enough for them to kamikazi over the net. Nada. The bucks were still out eatin. Not a care in the world. I am sure they were thinkin thank god the racket has stopped lol! So... no idea how the convicts braved the fence to go back up the hill but they did. The convicts have been in the nettin many many times before and once they felt the bite never tested it again... well not tonight. Tonight they were goin back up the hill to HOME.

Now i gotta figure out how to get the bibbin monster weaned.. yay me.... not.

Last edited:
Not turk related but a goat funny...

Yesterday we moved the bucks fence and house to new grass... we have hot hot electric nettin for them. So my bright idea was to move the two wethers in with them cause bibbin really needs be weaned now. All was fine when we took the convicts in pretty much. Bucks blubberin and spittin tellin the convicts they were not the big kids now. But after bout twenty minute ignore the kids and went back to fresh grass. We stayed outside workin for a good two hours after checkin on them often. Yea the wethers were hollarin their fool heads off down the hill while the ladies up the hill were doin the same.

Grace (mama) quieted first which surprised me. Dora... bibbin’s sleepin buddy omg LOUD and proud singin. Gardenia... cosmo’s buddy.... was fussin a bit and lookin for him. I think the girls were worse than the boys lol. Came inside and i did go out once more to check on them and everyone was quiet so yay! I didnt feel great and fell sleep on the couch so i hadnt been out since eight to check on them.

Fast forward two hours and mama calls.... uhhhh i think you got a goat out...me... oh sorry i forgot tell you we separated the boys today so that what you hear.... then i can hear bibbin hollarin in the phone... up the hill.....oh my uhhhh yea i will be up in a min lol! Two lil convicts standin at the fence with mama tryin open the gate and tryin hold onto two pissed off convicts. That was kinda comical really... The best part was my wee five ft nothin mama tryin hold a phone to her ear, unwrap the strap on the big gate all while holdin a bibbin between her legs and cosmo by the collar. And when i jus called the boys and they neanderthalled to me like hey other maman you left us down the hill where we dont belong... so we decided come home..... mama was all oh hells and started stompin back to her house. Lol!

The nettin...... nothin wrong with it what so ever! Still reading hot as hades. No trees close enough for them to kamikazi over the net. Nada. The bucks were still out eatin. Not a care in the world. I am sure they were thinkin thank god the racket has stopped lol! So... no idea how the convicts braved the fence to go back up the hill but they did. The convicts have been in the nettin many many times before and once they felt the bite never tested it again... well not tonight. Tonight they were goin back up the hill to HOME.

Now i gotta figure out how to get the bibbin monster weaned.. yay me.... not.
:gig:lau
athletic tape over the teat, so you can remove it to milk her. NOT DUCT TAPE .. Usually over one teat at first. or you can buy special tape some smart buggers learn how to get the tape off though. https://www.caprinesupply.com/products/showing/teat-tape.html
or you can get a goat bra LOL

Back
Top Bottom