A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. dheltzel

dheltzel Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2013
    Pottstown, PA
    You are lucky to have those grandkids!

Not being a coffee drinker, I always thought that Folgers was "the best part of waking up".

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I am very lucky to have Grandkids.

I never thought I was going to get them. I was giving my kids hints like crazy and they did not get it.
    My Now DIL when she was dating my Son accused me of only liking her for her eggs. She was wrong, I liked the idea she had a working womb too.

My Cousin and I would sit around and talk about how all our friends have grandkids and we did not. It was the perfect pity party. I am a very happy Grandpa, but I want 5 more grandkids!

Folgers is NOT the best part of waking up. It is a terrible coffee. It is meant for people that think they like coffee and have no idea what good coffee tastes like.

I cannot believe someone could find 17 wandering domesticc turkeys, without someone else putting up a massive search for them. Looking at those pictures they are well cared for or where. The monetary value of 17 turkeys has to be 400 bucks or more. I just do not get it.

3. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA

Lol, it's just a camp grill. I had to put it on the lid to weigh it down. He's STRONG!

4. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    I don't think it's a terrible coffee (than again thats probably cause I drink it) and I know what good coffee tastes like. I have neither the time nor the money to be able to afford the good stuff so I drink the best of the worst. [​IMG]

5. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Ahhhh! Camp GRILL! Poor guy. :lol:

Yeah..17 turkeys. Someone is missing a flock! Annie's owner died. The daughter really didn't know how many birds she had. And wanted nothing to do with them. If they had escaped & wandered off i doubt she would have went looking for them. I guess it could it happen.

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Being an old retired guy, I have found I can afford the time and little extra to have a good coffee. BUT I readily admit I have become a coffee snob. I personally like a dark roast Perurvian Organic coffee by VC Andrews coffee company but it is very hard to find, so I am forced to drink other stuff or have coffee withdrawls. I will not do that again. I did it some 30 years ago when my Dr at the time thought I drank too much coffee. I went without coffee for 5 years.

Live without coffee is not worth living.

7. Auroradream26

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Slightly better pictures of Adam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    Aurora - is he relaxing a little bit now? He's so cute!

9. Auroradream26

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    I was able to take the camp grill off the lid. Every now and then, I hear a bang from him jumping against it but it's not as often. I've been standing there talking to him here and there and when I walk away, he starts making noise and gobbling lol. I think he's lonely. He's not used to being alone. I climbed in there with him earlier and just sat in the corner, messed with my tablet, and talked to him here and there. He actualy, very slowly came over to me and started pecking my fingers and tablet. Not bad for a bird that's really never been handled. I tried to take a selfie with him so I can slow people how big he is but he wasn't having that and ran to the other side of the brooder. I think he's going to loosen up just fine though :)

1 person likes this.
  10. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Wow he's handsome! He's so big but really he's just still a baby! That's exactly what I did. Just sat there. No pressure. Just add food and he's putty in your hands! I think I bored my girls to death at first. I got a lot of work done. :D

Now they are both spoiled babies. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by