A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Brandychick

Brandychick Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2015
    Apple Valley, Utah
    Oh and just coffee today, I have a birthday this weekend so I am waiting for the hard stuff then ;)

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I have one soon too, I think.

Happy B-day fellow Scorpio..

3. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry, I've been MIA, been enjoying our mid 70's during the day and low to mid 40's at night...and mike's :)

4. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Adam has been successfully introduced to the ladies :) that strut hasn't stopped since I set him down lol. Pictures later on when I have time to upload them.

5. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    I'm sure the ladies love him! Looking forward to the pics!

6. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Turkeys are so cool! My elderly neighbor came down to see them. Daisy hopped right up between us on the garden bench & sat down. He sat petting her for an hour. In his mid 80's and had never petted a turkey. Annie stood in front of us barking like a seal until he took his hat off. Then she was fine. And of course the chickens were hanging out too. But Daisy was so sweet with him!

1 person likes this.
  7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    My turkeys were not COOL today, they were little belly buttons.... (A belly button is something everyone has yet will not get me double secret probation for calling them it)

I wanted to shove a stick up each up their belly buttons! They decided they did not like my BA rooster today. They spent the whole day chasing him and beating on him. He stayed close to me, but I would have to drop my work to chase them away. The Rooster can take any one of them but not 10 against 1. I ran all of them off except Ginger when he was being a PITA.

He did not realize he had no "back up" until the rooster hit him. He ran crying and screaming from the fight. Ginger started it so I did not yell at the rooster. BTW my DW named him Ginger not me. Ginger is my Jersey Buff.

It was a long day working on the turkey house and protecting the rooster at the same time.

8. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Not sure if this worked out the way I wanted it to but hopefully the video uploaded. Its just a short 30 second clip of him when he first got in there.

[​IMG]

This is right after I set him down. He was rather confused, as were all the girls.
    [​IMG]

Eve was first to investigate.
    [​IMG]

And Pebbles first (and only) to challenge lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have another video uploading now of him strutting around like crazy. I'm not sure how long it'll take to load but I'll get it up as soon as it's done provided that I did this right lol

9. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Poor Adam looks so confused. How about Pebbles explaining who is boss! Love the pictures of all the girls staring down at him! Funny shot! Video is great! Can't wait for the other one!

Ralph...sounds like the turkeys were out for some fun! What breed is a "BA"? Ginger is a great name! I sort of feel bad for Ginger....

Tell me Penguin wasn't part of the mob.....

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    BA is Black Australorp..A chicken

Penguin was very involved. He was so involved I threatened him, Telling him this could be his last day on Earth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by