A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    If I can figure out Pebbles genotype can run her & Adam through the calculator. I need to try that.
    I could linger drooling over those birds all day!

2. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA

Picture of Pebbles

3. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    She is so pretty! Maybe R2Elk can figure out her type. He's the real pro with that thing. I'm going back to see if I can figure it out.....wish me luck!

4. RetiredRon

RetiredRon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2015
    Vilonia AR

Babe... my pet is only allowed out when I'm with them.. they all gang up on her..
    The turkeys used to take care of her, but since Blackie was attacked and I found her in the fence, she has been in her coup, and the turkeys have gravitated toward the rest of the flock... I have to make babe go out... it either that or the diaper... she doesn't like the diaper..

5. RetiredRon

RetiredRon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2015
    Vilonia AR

Pretty

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Wow, Any idea what Pebbles is?

I just ran the calculator. I needed to install firefox for it to work.

I think I might just use JJ for breeding, some of the things he makes are amazing.

I have never seen a barred turkey, do they look like barred chickens? I have never heard of them even.

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I think I have a "Blue Red Bronze"

I will try to get a picture tomorrow. I have such strange colors I really do not know what they all are. Thanks to JJ and Ethel.

8. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    WARNING: The calculator can be addictive! :D

And no, I can't figure out Pebbles. Maybe R2Elk can. I tried. But cant figure out the nari/bronze genotype. Or how to add in the red slate gene. Plugged in a few guesses and no Pebbles.

Ralph...not only can JJ produce just about anything, he has a great temperment. He's a keeper for sure!

There are Barred birds on Porters main type page. They can be pretty amazing!

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I cannot find them... I am thinking I will breed everything to JJ this spring. Then in 2017 only breed JJ to Ethel so as to not get too inbred.

10. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Your right. I thought I saw pictures of a Barred Slate. But couldn't find it either. But a Barred feather has those horizontal stripes. My assumption is that Barred feathering would be expressed either on the wing or tail. But in actuality I'm clueless. I would also breed Penguin to something. Being a Rusty Black he could produce some interesting things. Not sure I'd let Ethel sit out a season. Maybe you get a Bourbon Red or Bronze to breed her too and introduce yet another color line....then back to JJ.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by