A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I think they figured out I was messing with them which made them act sillier. Can turkeys play? Do they have a sense of humor? Hmmm....

Fiesty, how did you make your dust baths? I was thinking of using a baby pool.

I think they figured out I was messing with them which made them act sillier. Can turkeys play? Do they have a sense of humor? Hmmm....

Fiesty, how did you make your dust baths? I was thinking of using a baby pool.

I totally think that turkeys play! Turkules used to bounce up and down in front of DH until he would go for a jog around the property. Then when DH would start to jog, Turkules would run in circles around him, flapping and being weird. It was the only way he would go exploring lol. That takes a sense of humor :lol:

The chicken dust bath is an extra, extra large cat litter box - it seems to be big enough, two of them bathe at a time....

I was going to use a kiddie pool for the turkeys, but I had extra 2x8's so I used those to make the edges of a 3'x4' space on the concrete floor.

My dogs play, and have a sense of humor. My chickens. ...not so much. I'm convinced turkeys play!

I've been sick all day and my husband has been keeping me on a chair, wrapped in a blanket. I was going through withdraw not being able to see my turkeys! After he left for work and I had to pick the kids up from the bus stop, I made a pit stop in the coops before coming inside. I got to see Adam finally "seal the deal" with Pebbles. She did NOT look like the enjoyed it lol. I wonder if she'll start laying now or not? Anyway, it didn't put a break in his strut. He's still strutting and trying to get the other ladies. Silly boy. He won't let new cuddle him during the day when he's got his game on, only in the evening when everyone's heading to roost.

My turkeys most certainly play. They love when the dog or anyone runs around the yard with a ball. They think it is the best game of chase.
Banshee tries to get a game of chase started all the time with the dog. He/she flaps and flies at the dog making happy chirping sounds and gets so incredibly excited when the dog plays back.

Here is a funny thought I had...
What if a "wild" looking turkey tom showed up in my backyard? I wonder if my hubby would fall for it.
"I don't have any idea where he came from! He must have heard Tomahawk crying and come to her rescue!"

Sadly, I don't think my DH is a moron. He likely wouldn't fall for it. Instead, I will just have to convince him that another turkey will not cause much more poop than we already have. Drop in the bucket.
Right?

Until my spring breeding program takes off...

I've been sick all day and my husband has been keeping me on a chair, wrapped in a blanket. I was going through withdraw not being able to see my turkeys! After he left for work and I had to pick the kids up from the bus stop, I made a pit stop in the coops before coming inside. I got to see Adam finally "seal the deal" with Pebbles. She did NOT look like the enjoyed it lol. I wonder if she'll start laying now or not? Anyway, it didn't put a break in his strut. He's still strutting and trying to get the other ladies. Silly boy. He won't let new cuddle him during the day when he's got his game on, only in the evening when everyone's heading to roost.

Typical boy, doesn't want to let the ladies know his #1 lady is his mommy
love.gif

Feel better soon!

Aurora, hope you feel better soon. MM is right, Adam loves his moma. Just like most guys, don't embarrass him in front of the girls. :lol: No idea if Pebbles will lay now since they are supossed to be seasonal layers. But I can't wait for baby pictures! :weee

I will say I haven't seen turkey eggs in two days. Wonder if they are finally done for the year.

MM....how much fun is the dog & turkeys playing. Mine will get silly but this is the first time I joined them. They really cranked it up. I'm having way too much fun with these guys!

Ralphie. ..they bring therapy chickens to my mom's residence. They use silkies. The older folks LOVE it. And they always have "back in the day" chicken stories. It's pretty cool.

Daisy would be great at it. She'll let anyone pet her and loves sitting in a lap. Such a funny girl. She's been great with my senior neighbors. They can't get over how friendly she is. Most of the have had experiences with chickens. But they get a real kick out of the turkeys.

And yes MM....you have a great excuse for a another turkey. :)

Back
Top Bottom