A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

He is good. He really liked some of my turkeys weird colors and patterns. Claimed one or two were mottled, I dunno they are just cool looking turkeys to me with weird personalities.

I threw them some strawberries from a box that was a tad too mature for human consumption. He watched my blue slate Tom run over and grab a really large one before anyone else reached it and swallow it whole.
This was the beer gut one, but he has feathers covering the gut so it’s not as funny looking. He liked that one and my young RP I hatched in January.

I spent the day making sure he didn’t steal one I wanted to keep.
You have Blue Slates and Royal Palms so you have the ability to make both Tri-Color Mottled Slates and Tri-Color Mottled Blacks.

IMG_20190605_192524930.jpg
I'm loving my tri colored mottled blue

all of this about the nice colors of turkeys makes me want to get a nice flock of turkeys each a different color, but i was wondering if anyone has seen a Bourbon Buff turkey, and possibly has a picture of one, i am curious to see what a Bourbon Buff looks like (that is one of the results if I tried my Golden Narragansett Tom with a Golden Narragansett Hen).

my mom and i plan on getting a large number of blue slates, Royal Palms, and Bourbon reds, as poults next spring and hopefully end up with a good number of hens but currently my flock is 3 adults and 2 poults i hatched in an incubator, the breeders is my 6 year old Golden Narragansett Tom, and 2 Narragansett hens (they only bred to him once, and haven't seen any breeding since, and all eggs are coming up infertile), and the two poults that hatched is a Golden Narragansett, and a standard Narragansett (both of them are now over a month old), and are showing every sign that they are hens, and one of them is trained to run up to me, but the other is a bit skittish

@Flashpoint sorry to hear about the poult.

The 2 broody hens I have should have hatched by now. Havent kicked them off to check eggs. But had some starting to pip and hatch in incubator so I slipped 4 eggs under them to help break their brood.
My hatching except for some late deaths has been decent this year. Probably 75 percent on turkey eggs, 90 plus on chicken and quail that make it to lockdown. But since havent been to house much to deal with incubator other than a quick check. They are hatching on their own without any humidity raises. Hatched 40 out of 47 turkeys the last 2 days. Up to 7 slate babies now.

Was able to get into house wed. Had waterline about 5 foot in basement. No water there now but it left about 2 to 3 inches of mud. Spent the whole day cleaning it up. Drove across a closed road this morning about 8 inch deep water as a short cut to work. Only 30 min drive. But the storms that are hitting us today are dumping lots of rain in monsoon fashion. So my shortcut will be flooded again tonight.

Back
Top Bottom