A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well...no injuries is a good thing! Is she using treats to motivate him?
I'm working on this coonhound. He is NOT food motivated. It's a training challenge to say the least! However...what a sweet, even tempered dog. He's funny....not in a goofy way....just has a sense of humor.

My turkeys know their names... and come when called. Tell your daughter after several months of saying their name and handing them a seed they figured it out. Takes some time and consistent training. A turkey responding to its name & coming when called impresses the pet dog owners whose dogs blow them off. Tell her it's all about time & consistency. Do the same thing over & over and in the same way and he'll figure it out!

Sorry....just can't help offering Turkey training tips! After all, Daisy will complete a whole agility course! So proud of her!

She's slowly getting better with
20190621_144352.jpg
lap training.

all of this about the nice colors of turkeys makes me want to get a nice flock of turkeys each a different color, but i was wondering if anyone has seen a Bourbon Buff turkey, and possibly has a picture of one, i am curious to see what a Bourbon Buff looks like (that is one of the results if I tried my Golden Narragansett Tom with a Golden Narragansett Hen).

my mom and i plan on getting a large number of blue slates, Royal Palms, and Bourbon reds, as poults next spring and hopefully end up with a good number of hens but currently my flock is 3 adults and 2 poults i hatched in an incubator, the breeders is my 6 year old Golden Narragansett Tom, and 2 Narragansett hens (they only bred to him once, and haven't seen any breeding since, and all eggs are coming up infertile), and the two poults that hatched is a Golden Narragansett, and a standard Narragansett (both of them are now over a month old), and are showing every sign that they are hens, and one of them is trained to run up to me, but the other is a bit skittish

I may have a picture on my laptop but we're at the lake right now lol. I'll look when I get home.

She's slowly getting better with View attachment 1821005 lap training.

She's beautiful! I can't wait to see the new ones following you and Daisy around on your evening walks :)

I think she's pretty. But I find turkeys attractive. Not sure what that says about me as most find them unattractive! My sister calls them prehistoric looking. At the lake...that sounds like fun!! Jealous!!
If she thinks turkeys look prehistoric, what does she think about guineas?

Pretty sure we got four hens and four toms out of the twoish month olds. The suspect boys have much thicker legs and the suspected hens thinner And i have seen all of the thinner legged fannin horizontally.

The other two mamas with the eight poults.... still in isolation. Still in kill everything mode. But. We put them in the tractor this week at least. So they can have fresh bugs and grass. There is an escape hatch somewhere under it since we moved it yesterday. Ugh. Tonight i had a convict. The lil sucker flew and flew and flew to get to the tom and rp that toodlin about. I jad the devil of a time catchin it.

Back
Top Bottom