A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Wait, I think that's Penguin in the drivers seat. AND it looks like he has the keys in his beak!

Wait, I think that's Penguin in the drivers seat. AND it looks like he has the keys in his beak!

He's coming to visit you Memphis!

It must be a day for ornery turkeys. Tomahawk and Banshee have been trying to get out of the wind and are hiding on the deck. My DH and Ralphie's DW have the same deck rule.
Looks like I am going to have to go out and scoop off poop before he gets home. Brr.

Scary weather. 40-50 mph winds with storms on the way. The good news is it knocked a ton of pecans out of the trees. I now have a 5 gallon bucket full. The chickens & turkeys braved the wind with me. Chickens looked like tumble weeds. Wanted to grab as many as I could. Between the squirrels & my dogs, sometimes I hardly get any. This year was a bumper crop! The chickens eat their weight between the bits the squirrels drop & the ones the dogs crack open. The turkeys, however, prefer that I crack them open & hand feed them. The chickens are pros at working a pecan out of a cracked shell. The turkeys haven't figured that out yet.

MM...i wish Penguin would steal the truck & head south! I have no doubt he could figure out the GPS, but alas, he realized his legs aren't quite long enough. ..:(

We had weather like that a couple nights ago, Memphis. I woke up this morning to nearly two inches of snow covering the ground... the turkeys weren't quite sure what to make of it, since this is their first experience with the fluffy stuff.

Does anyone know if it's safe to give turkeys oregano oil? A few of mine are still weak from a recent case of mushroom poisoning, and the weather is only putting more stress on them.

Scary weather. 40-50 mph winds with storms on the way. The good news is it knocked a ton of pecans out of the trees. I now have a 5 gallon bucket full. The chickens & turkeys braved the wind with me. Chickens looked like tumble weeds. Wanted to grab as many as I could. Between the squirrels & my dogs, sometimes I hardly get any. This year was a bumper crop! The chickens eat their weight between the bits the squirrels drop & the ones the dogs crack open. The turkeys, however, prefer that I crack them open & hand feed them. The chickens are pros at working a pecan out of a cracked shell. The turkeys haven't figured that out yet.

The turkeys totally know how to open pecans - stare at the human until she cracks them open and feeds them to me....why change what works? :gig

I let everyone out to free range this evening for an hour or so since I was going to be out there working and it was a beautiful day (no doubt the bad weather is headed my way). It was Adams first time free ranging ever. I think he enjoyed himself though he STILL wouldn't put that strut away! He was stumbling over logs trying to follow the girls through the wood pile because he wouldn't stop strutting! The girls were thrilled to get out for a while. They thoroughly enjoyed a dust bath, even with Adam trying constantly to climb on their backs.

Back
Top Bottom