A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    You guys keep talking about the weather so I had to look. Wow, it looks like some serious storms down there! It looks like we're not going to start getting the freezing temps until Thursday evening but no snow on the radar yet. Once it gets here though, it'll feel like forever before it leaves.

2. RetiredRon

RetiredRon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2015
    Vilonia AR

Mine are all over the hood and top.. Yesterday they started flying on top of the house. I will have to get pictures

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I doubt it is Mareks. There is something in or on the turkeys that is suppose to cure or prevent Mareks. There is a woman on the MN thread that has Mareks in her flock she gets turkey droppings and feathers to put in her pens.

4. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Over the years I've had two Speckled Sussex die with no symptoms. Both were around two years old. No idea what happened. I had a Barnvelder die of a heart issue. Wish I had some advice, but I'm not much of an expert. Maybe someone on the emergency thread would be able to help. It's rough loosing chickens. :hugs

1 person likes this.
  5. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    I wouldn't give her the keys...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Ralphie .....show Penguin how cute Annieis...maybe he'll just fly down here on his own! Mention she has a cute blue sister...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    My tom has never loved the heritage breeds but he goes gaga when he sees those broad breasted hens!!;)

8. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    MM - so sorry to hear that your hens are having a tough time :hugs I wish I had something helpful to say - but I know so little about the illnesses :( Any updates about Banshee (besides your having to do deck clean up today)? Any gobbles or snood growth??

Ralph - a bus ticket for Penguin....hmmm.

Memphis - your girls are so pretty! I did read somewhere that Aviator will make a harness custom for turkeys, I'm sure Daisy would totally rock a harness :) Pretty sure that none of my hooligans would sit still and let me put one on them lol.

Ron - looking forward to pictures of your birds!

Holm - your tom is apparently a typical guy :D

Well, Turkules has started roosting the last couple of nights with Big Bird so I think he has finally figured out that she's a girl :rolleyes: The three bourbon boys roost together on the other roost. Do you think that means that he's the dominant tom (since he gets the only girl)? I was worried that the 3 boys would gang up on him, but it doesn't look like that has happened so far.

9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Oh Man..Oh Man,,, Oh Man......Oh man...

The things you opened yourself up to with that line!

BUT I being a sweet lovable non-controversial soul will not touch those lines!

I will print a copy of Annies picture for penguin.

10. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    This is a question for somebody who is both smarter and has more time than I do. Besides using two Narragansett turkeys to make more Narragansett turkeys, what other different types could I use to make more Narragansett turkeys?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by