A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Is it true that males have more iridescence in their feathers than females?
I don't think so, I think it has more to do with the variety of turkey. I have seen the iridescence in both hens and toms of the Bronze variety. I see the pink in both the hens and toms of my Sweetgrass. It is possible that because toms are more likely to strut and spread their feathers out that it looks like they have more iridescence.

I had no trouble seeing the pink yesterday. The sun is shining good enough now that if I went and looked I should be able to find some today.
It was supposed to be sunny here today but the weather-folk changed their minds. Clouds high and low and icky humid wind. I’ll be on the look-out now, though! Where do you see it?

I could not for the life of me figure out “peeing” petting never entered my mind..

But when I read this, maybe my humor is more warped than normal, but I thought I’d she peed a chicken it’s not the eye I would worry about..:lau:lau:lau

Aurora, I feel for your phones evil autocorrect. Mine gets me all the time too. I am thinking my lack of lappers failed to make the connection to petting. When I pet a chicken they protest. I have none that demand a pet..

All mine want is feed or to have me fall down in front of them so they can clean the flesh from my bones.
Someone else was shagging a turkey a few pages back. I don't know what that means in American English, or whether autocorrect was involved, but in my dialect it was quite a surprising piece of information!

Someone else was shagging a turkey a few pages back. I don't know what that means in American English, or whether autocorrect was involved, but in my dialect it was quite a surprising piece of information!
LOL shagging can mean getting something to move.... Shagging the turkey out of the brush

Not what Austin Powers used it as. . :gigthat's the only reference I can remember that fits what it seems to be your saying

LOL shagging can mean getting something to move.... Shagging the turkey out of the brush

Not what Austin Powers used it as. . :gigthat's the only reference I can remember that fits what it seems to be your saying

Or.. I found a use for my dux, I made a shag rug out of it...

It was supposed to be sunny here today but the weather-folk changed their minds. Clouds high and low and icky humid wind. I’ll be on the look-out now, though! Where do you see it?
I typically see it in the dark areas of the feathers. Often it is on the dark wing feathers.

Back
Top Bottom