A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

R2Elk I see you have cardboard egg trays, do they make a difference on humidity or is that another BYC rumor?

And I really appreciate all the help on our "new" incubators.

I finally switched to plastic trays last year. In my opinion the cardboard egg trays didn't make any noticeable difference in maintaining humidity. The real benefit I get from the plastic trays is that they are easier to clean.

I can't tell from the pictures which model you have.  I can however tell you that the thermometer that came with yours is the same model that I got with mine and mine was off by several degrees.

This thermometer is very accurate and can be calibrated.

http://thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/rt301wa.html

Mine's also a 1202. I did test the thermometer by putting it through the vent hole on my hovabator. It matched up almost perfect with my other thermometers.

R2Elk I see you have cardboard egg trays, do they make a difference on humidity or is that another BYC rumor?

And I really appreciate all  the help on our "new" incubators.

X2

Just got back from Salt Lake City. There was snow everywhere. ...ug! Caught up with posts. Ya'll nuts! I can't imagine hatching hundreds of eggs at once! Aurora, since you new Bator is going to be a design element in your living room....PAINT IT!
lol.png

Ralph...is yours still in your van? Are you decorating your living room with it too?

It's pretty exciting. ...all these babies to be! R2elk...when will you start setting

I brought mine into the house last night.

It is currently in the entry, my DW is witching about having to walk around it. She wants it moved. I assume this mean when I put it on the dining room table today she will be much happier.

I brought mine into the house last night.

It is currently in the entry, my DW is  witching about having to walk around it.   She wants it moved. I assume this mean when I put it on the dining room table today she will be much happier.

When that thing is cranking out cute little babies left and right she wont be so andry about it!!

I put casters on the bottom of mine to make it easier to move around.

Another good idea..

I have a question, I feel we are picking your brain and giving you nothing back.

I was looking at egg trays on ebay. I found some that are 12 7/8 inches. They do not fit in the "metal" trays. But when I measure the rails inside the incubator it appears they would slip inside if I do not use the metal trays. Can I do this? are the plastic egg trays strong enough to sit across the open span?

Back
Top Bottom