A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Feedman...have someone video you wrangling the poults! Will you have to wrestle the hens to get them? This could be a classic video! :D

Feedman...have someone video you wrangling the poults! Will you have to wrestle the hens to get them? This could be a classic video!
big_smile.png

Turkey Wrassling!!! My favorite spectator sport!

BRB... Need to get some popcorn...

Ok,,,, Back, Go for it~

pop.gif

And it's been raining up there....Turkey Hen MUD Wrestling!
clap.gif

That is going to be so much fun to watch!

BTW,, this reminds me Coffee called me today. Her hen is about 2 days from hatching. She was a little worried because the hen has only gotten off the nest once in the last 4 weeks. She says she cannot get close to the nest, the hen flattens out puffs up and hisses at Coffee..

I told her she got lucky to have a young hen that is that determined to sit it out.

The other hen had a nest hid in the woods, she found the nest and stole the eggs. She wants to wait until the other hen is done before she allows the second to have eggs. The other thing is, she confessed she likes turkey eggs better than chicken eggs....So she took them...
lau.gif

She says to say hi to everyone, She does not have decent internet where she lives. Hopefully, she will get internet by landline in the next year. Not everyplace around here has good internet. The phone company stopped accepting applications for the internet because the infrastructure can not handle it..

R2elk,,, thanks so much for telling me to put glass in the door.

I cut in some 3 1/2 inch holes and covered them with glass. I will be able to watch the hatch without having to open the doors. The temps are holding steady at 100. so I am a happy guy. I hope this hatch goes well..

I also used distilled water like you said.

I want a 100% hatch. But I have a couple side saddle air sacs, so that will not happen....dang!

I miss Coffee! She always has the craziest stories! Tell her hello. Is she keeping the pouts with moma? And....l love eating my turkey eggs too!

I cleaned & filled all my waterers this evening with Daisy's help. I cannot keep her away from the hose. She's such a goof.

Coffee is so funny, Judy and I get a kick out of her. She so loves her birds, she got two Creamers from me earlier this spring one has started to crow and has become a ladies man. I told her if that is the case she is going to have little chicks coming out of the woods all summer long.

Also I forgot to mention she did not want the other hen to have eggs now, because Porter gets lonely and calls for her and cries when he is alone....BTW she plans to keep all the babies!

She is funny and the most amazing things seem to happen to her. Has she made friends with Porter? She seemed a bit intimidated at first.

Everyone excuse my messy coop, I really need to get it cleaned out. The babies are getting big but still look so small around the grownups. It looks like a couple of them have taken a few hard pecks to the head today. I'm going to have to watch them close. I caught Sweet Pea in the act so i think she's to blame.

Aww! Is there anything cuter than a baby turkey? They look great Aurora! The big girls look good too. I absolutely love a turkey hen head....they just make me smile. Something so sweet & expressive.

Back
Top Bottom