A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Mattnnikki - Welcome! And I think your turkey looks like a hen (but it also depends how old it is).

Feedman - Your new tom is pretty - I'm going to place my bet on jersey buff.

Ralph - Aw, love the update on Penguin and Ginger. Glad they are doing well.

Big Bird broke the little tip off her beak :(. It's the little curved piece on the top half. It looks sore, she's being very cautious picking stuff up - is there anything I can do for her? It's not bleeding or anything. She has always been a little over-enthusiastic pecking at treats and food - she may have pecked at stuff on the barn floor which is concrete and broke it off.

Oh poor Big Bird! Not sure there is much you can do. It should grow back.

Ralph....how cool is Ginger/Carmel's new home! Love that he's just a big "ole lapper. Not sure what to say about Penguin...hope he doesn't get invited to dinner.

Holm...I thought the pics of Mr. T were good....I don't think he can take a bad picture. He's so colorful!!

Feedman...your new bird is handsome. I'm still undecided about color....working on it! Smart to separate him from the other tom. Its too dang hot right now for that. I'm sure he's enjoying the company of the hens!!

I would say it's a hen but yet again I am not to good with turkeys yet.

Mattnnikki - Welcome! And I think your turkey looks like a hen (but it also depends how old it is).

Feedman - Your new tom is pretty - I'm going to place my bet on jersey buff.

Ralph - Aw, love the update on Penguin and Ginger. Glad they are doing well.

Big Bird broke the little tip off her beak :(. It's the little curved piece on the top half. It looks sore, she's being very cautious picking stuff up - is there anything I can do for her? It's not bleeding or anything. She has always been a little over-enthusiastic pecking at treats and food - she may have pecked at stuff on the barn floor which is concrete and broke it off.

I would say the only thing there is you can do is feed her some soft things scrambled eggs and just something that isn't hard for her to easily pick up.

Mattnnikki: welcome. Can't tell whether your turkey is a tom or hen.

Feisty: sorry to hear about big birds beak.

Well I did a lot of scouring the net for turkey photos to help id my new tom. Spent way to much time on porters.

Found some that look exactly like him.

But it is the buff breed out of the uk.

The site said they were in limited numbers in the u.s.

Feedman...you could submit his picture to Porters facebook page and see what they say. Aurora did that with Adam.

Funnny how easy it is to hang on Porters site...I've wasted quite a bit of time over there!

Back
Top Bottom