A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I had a surprise when I bought “white leghorn pullets” from Tractor Supply, and within a week they started getting big and fat! I wouldn’t have knowingly saddled myself with Cornish crosses. But at least they were on clearance for $1 each. Then I got a friend to help me process them when the time came, and it all ended fine.
Turkey poults have a tiny bump on their cute little noses, a bit higher up, though..

1599976694952.jpeg

Went out back. And there perched on top of my fence were three cute turkey butts. Sitting there just watching the boys next door working on their trailer. The bice thing is I told the ladies to get back in the yard & they all stood up and hopped down. Such good gurls

I got lucky today. While letting the turkeys back in the coop, I peeked out the door just in time to see the hen with a an unfound, hidden nest just as she settled down onto her unauthorized hidden incubator spot. She will lose those eggs this evening
Yeah getting pretty late in the year to start hatching. Although I gave a hen chicken eggs out of the incubator yesterday. Incubator says 2 days left today, but I have 2 pips

Yeah getting pretty late in the year to start hatching. Although I gave a hen chicken eggs out of the incubator yesterday. Incubator says 2 days left today, but I have 2 pips
I still have 10 juvenile turkeys that need new homes. They aren't big enough for the other option yet.

Back
Top Bottom