A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

But, it would be good practice if their not prime. And think how great “Skunk Skinner” would look on your resume..

:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau :lau
If I was going to collect anything from a skunk, it would be the baculum from the male skunks and I am not doing that either. I did collect a big baculum from today's coon.

Really? I never knew that.
Worth more than I thought https://www.etsy.com/listing/825234400/raccoon-baculum
Screenshot_20200922-120502.png

I have one; it works great for chickens. Mine doesn't do enough to a turkey's foliage to make it worth cleaning, so I'm thinking prolly not great for geese. Ducks, maybe. I think I'm gonna try:
  • Dry plucking then torch; & if that's not great:
  • Dry partial plucking, then wax (like the video)
  • Scalding then pluck (then torch if needed)
I have 16 geese. I'm only gonna save 2-3; my original gander & 1-2 of his 3 geese. I really think three ladies are too many; not for fertility (that was pretty much 100%), but for peacefulness. I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a hard time going through that many geese, so I'm likely not gonna raise that many next year. Even if I do decide that's a reasonable number, it doesn't look like being a problem for two or three to give me a dozen or more roasters.
I wish I could have a few geese just for the grease! It's the best part of a goose, besides their divine crisp skin. DH says NO to geese.
Also plucking geese is a major chore.

I wish I could have a few geese just for the grease! It's the best part of a goose, besides their divine crisp skin. DH says NO to geese.
Also plucking geese is a major chore.
Now you tell me!
My DD has 4.... she is hoping to hatch more this spring provided a couple are female... guess who gets to help with the plucking???? Yup Mom

Back
Top Bottom