A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Help me remember is there an addiction disclosure anywhere here about turkeys? I just wanted a couple and here we are with 4 breeding pens set up

Haha, we started the same way. Just a few to breed our own for meat... now we have 15 and counting and can't eat more than 1 a year lol

There is @OneMountainAcres 's Incubators Anonymous thread.

Yes, there is that. It's about that time of the year when people start posting in there again :)

Last edited:
Help me remember is there an addiction disclosure anywhere here about turkeys? I just wanted a couple and here we are with 4 breeding pens set up
Same here
I now have 16 hens, 2 toms, a jake for Christmas and 12 poults that will be 6 months around Valentine's day

:lau
I have self control. I have 6 hens and 3 toms which will be reduced to 2 before breeding season. That will give me the same size breeding flock that I had last year. The year before it was 6 hens and one tom for breeding season.

With such a small flock we can safely assume they are all lappers.

With such a small flock we can safely assume they are all lappers.
You can safely assume that none of them are tame. None are belly buttons. None of them, follow me around or get in my way. None of them steal my tools.

They act like they are real turkeys and not feathered dogs.

You can safely assume that none of them are tame. None are belly buttons. None of them, follow me around or get in my way. None of them steal my tools.

They act like they are real turkeys and not feathered dogs.
Actually I ate my tool theives because they turned into bellybuttons.
The most of the ones I have now just get out of my way. . which makes them hard to catch when I want to harvest or especially sell.
When the jakes get fighting it's easy to grab one. I use a net or leg hook otherwise.

Actually I ate my tool theives because they turned into bellybuttons.
The most of the ones I have now just get out of my way. . which makes them hard to catch when I want to harvest or especially sell.
When the jakes get fighting it's easy to grab one. I use a net or leg hook otherwise.
Would you use a leg hook on your dog?

Back
Top Bottom