A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Just came in from turkeys and there was/is at least 20 wilds surrounding all my pens. They are running and flying all over the place out there. Had to chase 6 hens out of open pen with my toms, they just flew up in pines. Still haven't seen all the big toms yet Just a few jakes so I know it's not the whole flock. Looks like the wild flocks here are starting to break up, will see what tomorrow brings. Maybe I will try to take a few pics.

Just came in from turkeys and there was/is at least 20 wilds surrounding all my pens. They are running and flying all over the place out there. Had to chase 6 hens out of open pen with my toms, they just flew up in pines. Still haven't seen all the big toms yet Just a few jakes so I know it's not the whole flock. Looks like the wild flocks here are starting to break up, will see what tomorrow brings. Maybe I will try to take a few pics.
I would love to raise a small flock of wilds. I imagine there would be some red tape or permits. You just don't see sheen on heritage bronze like that on the Eastern Wilds.

I bet having so many beauties that close is sure a sight.

I would love to raise a small flock of wilds. I imagine there would be some red tape or permits. You just don't see sheen on heritage bronze like that on the Eastern Wilds.

I bet having so many beauties that close is sure a sight.
Depends on your state laws. Private ownership of wild turkeys is prohibited here.

Back
Top Bottom