Possible but unlikely, they will chase each other around and play with big pineshavings but they don’t eat them(they will eat small one though) and even if they did the chicks are big/old enough to swallow them. It could have been stress in general, the abrupt change(even if its meant for good) can stress a bird out even more than the original situation. The other bird in probably lonely now, maybe try to find MORE THAN ONE 19 week old pullets for her(I know it’s tricky but Craigslist is a good place to check)
The other aggressive chicks aren't lonely.
I had 3 chicks but I separated 2 of them for being very aggressive, they made each other bleed and kept picking on the smallest chick
The aggressive chicks can hear and see each other.

Possible but unlikely, they will chase each other around and play with big pineshavings but they don’t eat them(they will eat small one though) and even if they did the chicks are big/old enough to swallow them. It could have been stress in general, the abrupt change(even if its meant for good) can stress a bird out even more than the original situation. The other bird in probably lonely now, maybe try to find MORE THAN ONE 19 week old pullets for her(I know it’s tricky but Craigslist is a good place to check)
The chicks are 17 days old, a 19 week Old Pullet would kill the chicks.
But i also have a 24 Week old Bantam Rooster.

If its as big as it looks it should be fine. I have seen and read about ppl using really fine shavings for chicks and it does not always end well. RIRs (rhode island reds) are know to be aggressive thats why I was leary of having any in my flock thankfully I got 2 nice girls.
I'm wondering if the aggressive chicks might be males and the smaller chick a female.

If its as big as it looks it should be fine. I have seen and read about ppl using really fine shavings for chicks and it does not always end well. RIRs (rhode island reds) are know to be aggressive thats why I was leary of having any in my flock thankfully I got 2 nice girls.
I'm wondering if the aggressive chicks might be males and the smaller chick a female.
My thoughts also

The place where I bought the chicks from said they were girls but there was a small chance of it being a rooster

Back
Top Bottom