A few rules to live by with chickens....

Quote:
With mine it's the red crocs and the neat little holes on top of the crocs were put there for the chickens to explore with their beaks of course.
Both of roos are scared of my eeyore pajamas and yes I do go into the coop in pajamas quite regularly.

y'all are cracking me up.
WriterofWords, you have such fun with your chickens. Well, fun in a Americas Funniest Home Video kinda way.
JennsPeeps..
lau.gif
love handles/OYMYGAWDCHEESE

Another rule: When raking fresh cut grass, pick up the piles as you go, otherwise you'll find yourself re-raking everything. You'd be surprised at how fast and far a small pile can be kicked.

It's not safe to feed the outside dog while the chickens are still out. You may think the chickens are already full from free-ranging all day and that the dog food is way to big for them to eat. You would be wrong.
Our poor border collie. He doesn't even fight them for it anymore. Just goes back in his dog house.

LOL Dont set in the tractor seat without checkin for eggs first(that dang hen!)

Lock the chickens in the coop before firin up the grill.

And NEVER go outside with a sandwich... Whoever says chickens caint jump aint never seen mine!

lau.gif
It's a good thing everyone else is asleep, or I'd be braying like a donkey! Mine's bad enuf scratching at the screen door to be "tucked in" at night!

If you let your chickens out....even in the evening for a little while....thinking they couldn't hurt much before it's time to roost....Plan on spending 3 hours raking your mulch back in your flower beds the next day. Chickens can cause more damage in one hour than you can believe!! I still let them and rake it back in...they are too cute!!
yippiechickie.gif
Anything to make them happy!

One night they all went back in and I forgot to shut the door behind them so they all got up early and headed for my landscaped front yard. OMG!! They must have been out there for hours. It's still not the same.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom