A hundred bucks a meal? Are you guys pulling my leg? With poll

How many of you spend a hundred dollars on a meal for a couple?

• I do weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do monthly

• I do yearly

• I have, but only a few times

• I never have but would like to

• No! Are you outta your everlovin' mind?!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
Deb I already loved you before but when you said escargot...
love.gif
I love you even more
hugs.gif
My all time favorite appy!!!
My husband and I go to dinner about once every 3 months.It's around 75$.I have 1 drink hubbie has 2. Chicken Parm for me or crab legs?? Steak for DH.
He goes out with his buddies maybe once a month for a beer and munchies 20$???
and I go out after I play softball 1-2 x a month only on wing night- 3$ a dozen and free beer
smile.png
cost me 4$ el cheapo:)
drinks with the girls-( all my SIL's and my sis) once every 2 months Margaritas and nachos or something like that 20$ max for me...
dinner at my fav mex restaurant with one of my bestest BYC buddies 75$ for the both of us once every 2 months

Sounds like alot of going out but if I put it on a calender it isn't to me?? Come Oct through May hardly ever!

Escargot is rare around here for sure. There is only one place within driving distance that has it. Usually, when we go out to eat, we choose a local steakhouse and spend about $50 for the two of us. It is rare that we actually make time to drive down the hill and go to a really nice place, but the Magic Lamp is so totally worth it. Look at the pics of this place!!!

http://www.themagiclampinn.com/history.aspx

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
I do it!

I treat my wife to a nice supper at a local restaurant. This restaurant is NOT a chain and the food is well worth the price. The head chef is a High School classmate of mine so we get an insiders guide to what is good.

Our meal starts with Oysters on the half-shell, either a 12 or 18, along with cocktails. We then move to a light appetizer if we are in the mood. our wine is determined by the entree's we select, usually I order the special or ask for something off the menu. We end the evening with a dessert.

Our bill usually looks like this:

Oysters $25
Cocktails $30
Appetizers $15
Entrees $60
Dessert $12
Wine $60

Add a tip and we are well over $200 for the evening.

I know that is a lot of money, but my wife is worth it.
Jim

And I'm sure she appreciates the treat.​

Quote:
Deb I already loved you before but when you said escargot...
love.gif
I love you even more
hugs.gif
My all time favorite appy!!!
My husband and I go to dinner about once every 3 months.It's around 75$.I have 1 drink hubbie has 2. Chicken Parm for me or crab legs?? Steak for DH.
He goes out with his buddies maybe once a month for a beer and munchies 20$???
and I go out after I play softball 1-2 x a month only on wing night- 3$ a dozen and free beer
smile.png
cost me 4$ el cheapo:)
drinks with the girls-( all my SIL's and my sis) once every 2 months Margaritas and nachos or something like that 20$ max for me...
dinner at my fav mex restaurant with one of my bestest BYC buddies 75$ for the both of us once every 2 months

Sounds like alot of going out but if I put it on a calender it isn't to me?? Come Oct through May hardly ever!

Escargot is rare around here for sure. There is only one place within driving distance that has it. Usually, when we go out to eat, we choose a local steakhouse and spend about $50 for the two of us. It is rare that we actually make time to drive down the hill and go to a really nice place, but the Magic Lamp is so totally worth it. Look at the pics of this place!!!

th.gif
Wow!! really nice...Theres only 1 restaurant around here that has them:( and its not all the time..So I only get to have them once a year if Im lucky-I call ahead to ask if they have them or else we don't go to dinner...

* Victoria & Albert's Dining Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $125.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $60.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)
* Queen Victoria's Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $200.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $95.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)
* Chef's Table: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $200.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $95.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)
I have done the Victoria and Albert's solo once and the chef's table in the main dining room solo twice. Loved it all three times. Next time I will do the Queen Victoria room.

Quote:

th.gif
Wow!! really nice...Theres only 1 restaurant around here that has them:( and its not all the time..So I only get to have them once a year if Im lucky-I call ahead to ask if they have them or else we don't go to dinner...

lau.gif
Me too!!!!

We don't do it often, we have kids at home and live on a budget. But our budget does include periodic nights out for a nice meal. Sometimes as a couple, sometimes as a family, usually to mark some special occasion. We've been fortunate to have jobs that let us enjoy these nights out and we never take them for granted. It is good quality time we get to enjoy each other's company.

We both like to cook and we cook very good, we have good wine at home too. But there is something to be said for an elegant meal that we didn't have to prepare nd we don't have to clean up after.

Quote:
th.gif

lau.gif
Me too!!!!

gig.gif
tongue.png
My Dh thinks Im nuts for not going when he offers! I love the other food served but in my head I drool thinking of the snails and if they dont have them -I seriously dont think I could enjoy my dinner there. I'm like a little kid in a candy store when they have them-giddy -happy-very pleased:) and saying mmmmmm every two minutes! hahaha

Back
Top Bottom