A hundred bucks a meal? Are you guys pulling my leg? With poll

How many of you spend a hundred dollars on a meal for a couple?

• I do weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do monthly

• I do yearly

• I have, but only a few times

• I never have but would like to

• No! Are you outta your everlovin' mind?!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
A fork getting stabbed into someones hand would be me with friends:) I love them all but not THAT much!
lau.gif

taser...

I knew I liked you.

Quote:
dude, when you graduate, get married and need a suck up moment, dial a big bro and tell him what you are spending on din din... trust me kiddo, it adds up REAL fast...

He has a point. (remember mr saddi just dropped $300 on a bator, it's not because i was the wrong one.)

I used to be a chef in a fine dining restaurant and it was spendy but we only sourced produce that was local, in season and organic. I know some people think it's outrageous but we didn't even charge that much above cost. There's a formula obviously as you have to pay wages, electricity and the rent of some restaurants is RIDICULOUS! We weren't charging out of this world prices but most entrees were $14-32. Definitely wasn't Outback or Applebees in price but nor was it in quality either! Kind of the thing ya get what ya pay for.

There's a wonderful steak house in New Braunfels, that DH and I like to go to for our anniversary or for special occasions like a Bday. 2 entrees, 3 sides and a glass of wine, easily $100. Granted they serve the most delicous ribeye. I'm not much of a meat eater, but their ribeye makes me
droolin.gif

Dh and I qualify as cheap.

But, we have also spent this kind of money on a meal. It is most definitely area related..... We could not even get breakfast for two for less than $100 in some places in this country (and especially out of it....)

It is rare, but we took FIL, MIL< BIL and the four of us out the other night for FILs birthday. We went to a fairly inexpensive place but that meal was well over $100!

My grandma's sister and husband went out for 2 burgers, 2 salads and a pitcher of beer, it cost them $70!!!! For burgers!!
ep.gif

But anyway, no, I ain't spendin' no $100 on restaurant food!

Every year on our anniversary the hubby and I would go to a local Turkish restaurant. We had a couple of appetizers usually hummus with this to die for fresh pita bread, and falafel, he would have Turkish beer or two, I usually had tea. Usually we would both get the lamb shank dinner (soooooo good) and we would have baklava and Turkish coffee for dessert. Then we would go spend $50ish at the bookstore and see a move. The dinner would set us back around $80, plus tip, around $100. Hubby and I both worked for tips at some point in our life, so we would tip good, plus, even though we went once a year, they seemed to remember us.

Sadly the restaurant moved and we have been broke. This year on our anniversary we went to an Indian restaurant with the kids and spent around $60, but it was pretty good. Someday I would like to go to a fancy steak house, and I would like to eat at one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurant, without the kids.
wink.png

Quote:
We did that one time, 3 adults, 2 kids to Johnny Rockets. Burgers, fries and milkshakes all around, over $120! I was shocked, it was not worth the price and I will never eat there again. Red Robin is much better food for less money.

Back
Top Bottom