A little miracle, I cant believe this!

I'm an ER nurse, and no one is dead until they are warm and dead. Looks like it works for chickies too!
smile.png
Good luck!

I did this but with my own body warmth first and a heating pad later for a 3 week old kitten that got locked in my moms garage (no place to lay but the concrete floor) for over 24 hours this early spring. It is amazing, the resiliance and determination that little ones have. Good luck and congrats on you save.

I've done that to a chick and a duckling this year. Congrats on your save. I thought both were dead but chose to warm them up 'just to see'. I'm glad you tried as well, so is the little fuzzy butt!

Quote:
Perhaps you & your co-workers could print that saying on T-shirts to wear at work!

Congratulations on the chick save, that was divine inspiration! And thanks for sharing about it here, many more of us will give that a try if we ever have a similar situation. I've had chicks go missing overnight, even on cold nights, who have miraculously reappeared the next morning. But I've never found one so cold & still as yours, don't know if I would have thought to put it under a warm hen.
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Hooray for the miracle
jumpy.gif
!!!
ya.gif
woot.gif

Nice Save!
Too many times we hear about the PO dropping off boxes of chicks in bad form and this just might give some of those folks who've experienced or might experience this hope if it should occur to them. Get them under heat and don't give up the ship or the chick!
Great job.

Back
Top Bottom