A Question Out of Genuine Political Curiousity

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by d.k, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* How can B. Obama in good conscience make promises to the President of Georgia for $1 Billion dollars (guess who's money??) to repair their infrastructure (through the mouth of Joe Biden) when Obama hasn't even be elected President of the U.S.?? [​IMG]

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I don't think we're allowed to discuss politics *specifically* on BYC. [​IMG]

3. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I haven't heard of this but I have been watching the olympics. I believe most presidential candidates will promise you anything to get a vote.

4. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    The Chicken Lady has a point. And even if we are allowed to discuss politics, those threads always turn into a mud-slinging free for all anyway.

Like Hotwings says...go watch the Olympics instead!! [​IMG]

5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Oh-- I just heard the President of Georgia make that announcement as part of his press conference reported by BBC World News on PBS and was wondering. The Georgians can't vote in the US elections, so what's the point of making promises like that??[​IMG]

6. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    wow, thats the replies you get, lol, hope they watch tv instead of going out to vote for the guy!

7. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    d.k :

* How can B. Obama in good conscience make promises to the President of Georgia for $1 Billion dollars (guess who's money??) to repair their infrastructure (through the mouth of Joe Biden) when Obama hasn't even be elected President of the U.S.?? [​IMG]

To be as nonpartisan as possible and still kind of answer your question. Politicians have no conscience and he is good at being one.​

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    When did you ever notice a President making good on the promises they make? It's just another selling point. If we keep the topic civil, it shouldn't be locked. Just respect all opinions. [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yep, keep it civil and it will stay open for discussion. But once the mud flies or we see water poured into the dirt, we've got a problem. [​IMG]

10. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    I applaud anyone who is willing to think for himself and not be spoon-fed the vile misinformation that spews out of the TV. Go ahead, watch the olympics and ignore the issues that are important. That's exactly what the liberals want you to do. If the mods want to slap me on the wrist for discussing "politics" on the forum, that's fine.

I really enjoy watching the summer olympics and swimming is my favorite event. But I am missing seeing Phelps try to break Mark Spitz's record for gold medals because I refuse to watch the olympics that are based in a Communist country that displaced hundreds of its own citizens (read "subjects") just to build the stadium. Did you know that those who lived in the way of the stadium were forced to pack up their belongings and move?

It's a shame I'm missing all the excitement but I stand on principle and what's morally right. It makes me sick to see the entire world bending over backwards to kiss China's butt when they do nothing but abuse their own people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by