A Question Out of Genuine Political Curiousity

Status
Not open for further replies.

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* How can B. Obama in good conscience make promises to the President of Georgia for $1 Billion dollars (guess who's money??) to repair their infrastructure (through the mouth of Joe Biden) when Obama hasn't even be elected President of the U.S.??
hmm.png

The Chicken Lady has a point. And even if we are allowed to discuss politics, those threads always turn into a mud-slinging free for all anyway.

Like Hotwings says...go watch the Olympics instead!!
wink.png

* Oh-- I just heard the President of Georgia make that announcement as part of his press conference reported by BBC World News on PBS and was wondering. The Georgians can't vote in the US elections, so what's the point of making promises like that??
idunno.gif

d.k :

* How can B. Obama in good conscience make promises to the President of Georgia for $1 Billion dollars (guess who's money??) to repair their infrastructure (through the mouth of Joe Biden) when Obama hasn't even be elected President of the U.S.??
hmm.png

To be as nonpartisan as possible and still kind of answer your question. Politicians have no conscience and he is good at being one.​

When did you ever notice a President making good on the promises they make? It's just another selling point. If we keep the topic civil, it shouldn't be locked. Just respect all opinions.
smile.png

I applaud anyone who is willing to think for himself and not be spoon-fed the vile misinformation that spews out of the TV. Go ahead, watch the olympics and ignore the issues that are important. That's exactly what the liberals want you to do. If the mods want to slap me on the wrist for discussing "politics" on the forum, that's fine.

I really enjoy watching the summer olympics and swimming is my favorite event. But I am missing seeing Phelps try to break Mark Spitz's record for gold medals because I refuse to watch the olympics that are based in a Communist country that displaced hundreds of its own citizens (read "subjects") just to build the stadium. Did you know that those who lived in the way of the stadium were forced to pack up their belongings and move?

It's a shame I'm missing all the excitement but I stand on principle and what's morally right. It makes me sick to see the entire world bending over backwards to kiss China's butt when they do nothing but abuse their own people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom